- Living On Campus
- Apply For Housing
- Rates & Contracts
- About Us
- In the Halls
6th Annual Best Dressed Room Contest
This year marks the sixth year that the Office of Housing and Residence Life will sponsor the Best Dressed Room Contest, a competitive tradition at UNCG. All students living on campus can participate in this room-decorating event.
Rooms will be judged on style, creativity, detail, best use of space and overall impact and we will have a special award for the room with the most Spartan Spirit. First place winners will be selected from each residence hall. These first prize winners will automatically be entered for a chance to win one of two grand prizes, one for the best dressed apartment or suite and another for the best dressed traditional-style room.
All you have to do is deck out your room, grab your camera, phone or ipad and take pictures of your room. Choose your favorite three shots, and upload them (along with the entry form) for the first round of judging.(Please note: The quality of the photos will not be judged. Judges will only be looking at how your room is decorated, for purposes of selecting hall winners.)
How To Enter
- To enter, students must complete an entry form and upload room photos no later than noon on September 18. Each photo needs to be under 2 MB in size, or the application will not go through. If you do not have access to a camera and need to have photos taken, you should contact the RA on duty in your residence hall. Applications must be approved by all parties sharing the room and by clicking "accept" on the application, all parties approve of the stipulations of the contest.
- Participants have the option to give input on the prizes awarded on the entry form.
- First prize winners from each residence hall will be determined by a set of judges from Housing and Residence Life and will be automatically entered into the final round of judging.
- On September 27, roommates from winning rooms will receive an email that they have won at the hall level. They will be notified when the judges will come to see their rooms in person for final judging. The week of September 30, judges will visit each first place room in person, dates and times TBD. They will select two grand prize winning rooms this year, one from the apartments and suites and the other from traditional-style housing.
- All participants are invited to a dessert reception on October 8, 2013, beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the Tillman Smart room (in the Quad), at which time all winners will be announce and will choose their prize. Winners MUST be present to select a prize.
iPad minis, Apple Tvs, Roku, Wireless Speakers, Garmins, Camcorders? You will help determine the prizes when you enter!
- All winners will be announced at dessert reception on October 8, 2013, beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the Tillman Smart room in Shaw (in the Quad).
- Rooommates from each of the best overall rooms from each residence hall will get to choose a wrapped gift at random, valued from $50 - $75.
- There will be one overall grand prize winning room in the Apartment/Suite category and one overall grand prize winning room in the Traditional-style housing category.
- Each grand prize winner will not only get his or her prize for having the best room in their hall, but an additional grand prize valued approximately $400. All told, grand prize winners will receive from $450-$475 in prizes.
- Two special prizes will be awarded, valued at approximately $200 each.
- One prize will be awarded to the room with the most Spartan Spirit.
- There will also be a drawing for all students who entered the contest, but who were not selected as a prize winner in any other category. One prize will be awarded to the student whose name is selected.
- In all cases, participants must be present to win.
Hall winners and grand prize winners will be selected from
the following halls:
| Apartments & Suites
(judged by individual room)
|Lofts on Lee|
|Spring Garden Apts|
|North and South Spencer|