There are several reasons:
- You room is a special accommodation room. There are various reasons why a room is considered special and must be held for specific students. These rooms cannot be retained and will not be available during the assignment period.
- You are living in freshman housing. Freshman are required to move to upperclassmen housing, so that new freshman can move into their spaces.
- You haven’t completed your contract renewal application. You must first complete the contract renewal application before you can retain your room.
- You haven’t completed your pre-payment and it hasn’t been waived. You must also complete the pre-payment if it wasn’t waived.
- You are living in Jefferson or the Quad. Students in the Quad and Jefferson are not permitted to retain their spaces to give freshman the option to select those spaces.