Living Together in Reynolds Residence Hall
What is UNCG EXPLORERS?
UNCG Explorers is designed to help first-year Exploratory majors make decisions about their academic major based on their own career aspirations, passions, and skills. With so many options to consider, it is helpful to have a community of enthusiastic and committed students to support you as you face the challenge of choosing your major. During your time in the community, you will learn more about yourself, engage with several development opportunities based on your interests, and gain access to valuable campus resources while building a bond with other members of the community.
To guide students through an exploration of personal values and self-discovery while identifying personal strengths and gathering information about opportunities on campus and beyond. Our goal is for every Explorer to get involved in the UNCG campus community in order to make informed decisions about their academic major and future vocation.
“Not all who wander are lost”, written by J. R. R. Tolkien for The Lord of the Rings
Why You Should Join?
- Live with a community of like-minded students on the 5th floor of Reynolds Residence Hall and enjoy a designated lounge space to create bonds with other first year Exploratory Studies majors.
Engage in out-of-the-classroom planned activities to help in the exploration of majors and/or career interests.
- Receive one on one support from staff members dedicated to your success
- Engage in career exploration with faculty and staff to learn more about establishing your professional identity and brand at UNCG
- Focus on your personal growth through individual personality, major and career assessments
- Develop skills to feel confident in making decisions
- Participate in community service related activities in the Greensboro area
FYE 101: Succeed at the G is a two-credit, 15-week transition seminar for new first-year and transfer students in their first semester at UNC Greensboro. This course gives students the opportunity to explore personal development opportunities, gain skills essential to academic success, and discover and connect with their new community.
Coordinator for Residence Life
Housing and Residence Life
Associate Director for Academic Advising
Students First Office
Exploratory Majors Academic Advisor
Students First Office