Living Together in Reynolds Residence Hall
What is UNCG EXPLORERS?
UNCG Explorers is a community of hardworking individuals dedicated to achieving academic excellence and professional success. This Living-Learning Community is designed to help first year Exploratory majors make decisions about their academic major based on their own career aspirations, passions, and skills. With so many options to consider, it is helpful to have a community of enthusiastic and committed students to support you as you face the challenge of choosing your major. During your time in the community, you will learn more about yourself, engage with several development opportunities based on your interests, and gain access to valuable campus resources while building a bond with other members of the community.
To guide students through an exploration of personal values and self-discovery while identifying personal strengths and gathering information about opportunities on campus and beyond. Our goal is for every Explorer to get involved in the UNCG campus community in order to make informed decisions about his or her academic major and future vocation.
A First Year Experience course, two credit-hours
- First semester Exploratory Studies students who may be unsure about a major, trying to decide among several majors or unsure of what majors are offered
- Exploratory Studies students who are willing to be a part of the community with other Exploratory Studies students
- Exploratory Studies students who are willing to be actively engaged in their academic journey
Opportunities & Benefits
- Live together on the 5th floor of Reynolds Residence Hall and enjoy a designated lounge space to create bonds with other first year Exploratory Studies majors.
- Enroll in FFL 100, a 2 credit-hour academic course taught by your assigned Exploratory Studies Academic Advisor from the Students First Office.
- Engage in out of the classroom planned activities to help in the exploration of majors and/or career interests.
- Take an academic course with other first-year students living in your hall
- Receive one on one support from staff members dedicated to your success
- Career exploration
- Focus on your personal growth
Sneak Peek of Planned Activities
- TeamQuest – High/Low Ropes Course
- Individual personality, major and career assessments
- Community meals with faculty and staff
- Career exploration opportunities
- Community service related activities in the Greensboro area