Getting an ID card
You will need to acquire a UNCG ID card as this will be your access card to get into your residence hall. The Spartan Card office is open Mon. – Fri. 8 AM – 5 PM and is located on the lower level of the Moran Commons (cafeteria). If you arrive during business hours (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Mon. – Fri.), it is preferable that you get your ID card before coming to the HRL office for your key. If you arrive over the weekend, you will be given a temporary access card and will need to get your UNCG ID card Monday morning. You should then return the temporary card to the HRL office.
To expedite the process you may submit a photo online so the card is ready to print upon arrival. Note: You must complete the account activation and have your username and password before you can submit your photo.
To submit your photo, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Spartan Card web site: https://spartancard.uncg.edu/
- Click on ‘Get a card’ on the left side of the page
- At the bottom of the page click on the link that says SpartanCardPhotoLink
- Click SpartanCardPhotoLink again
- Instructions for submitting the photo pop up
- Click to enter Photolink
- Use your new username and password to log in and follow the directions
The Spartan Card Office will have your name and will initiate making your ID.