Intern Summer Housing at UNCG
UNCG Housing and Residence Life (HRL) is pleased to offer affordable housing for students participating in summer internships in the Greensboro area. To participate, you must be a current college aged student 18 years of age or older and have a summer internship or a supervised research program relevant to your course of study. Interns will stay in Spring Garden Apartments with UNCG summer school students. Housing will be available from May 17 – July 28 for one or two five week sessions. (Spring Garden Apartments)
The organization or the individual may initiate the process to secure summer housing. The steps are outlined below.
Steps to Secure Summer Housing
- The organization or individual intern completes a request for summer housing available on the Housing and Residence Life (HRL) web site on Jan. 15, 2017. (Summer Housing)
- HRL acknowledges the housing request and requests information to complete background checks.
- HRL sends Dean’s Certification form for student(s) to have completed to confirm student is in good standing at the college/university.
- HRL sends invoice for full payment for all interns prior to arrival.
- Organization or intern makes full payment prior to arrival – $1674 per intern for May – July dates.
It is preferable that interns arrive and check into their housing assignments during business hours – Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM in the Office of Housing and Residence Life located in Ragsdale Mendenhall. Interns will go the Spartan Card office in the Elliot University Center (EUC) to obtain a UNCG ID card which will provide access to the Spring Garden Apartments building.