Summer Housing 2022
- For students currently living in Lee, Lofts on Lee, and Union or students who will be living in Lee, Lofts on Lee and Union Residence Halls in Fall 2022: We will make every effort to keep you/get you into your assigned room to minimize the number of moves you must make. To do this, you will need to apply for Summer Housing by 4 p.m. on Friday, April 15, 2022.
- For all other students: To guarantee summer housing you will need to complete a housing application by 4 p.m. on April 22, 2022. Students who cancel their summer housing after May 5, 2022, will be charged a $200 cancellation fee. You may cancel your Summer Housing in Artemis.
- For students who complete the summer application by April 22, an email will be sent on April 25 with detailed information about check-in and picking up their key.
- Please note: Any students who apply for Summer Session Housing after April 22, 2022, will be housed on a space-available basis only.
- Beginning May 5, you will need to come to the HRL office to apply for Summer Session 1.
- If you are applying for Summer Session 2 ONLY, you will be able to apply for Summer Session 2 ONLY in Artemis. beginning May 18, 2022.
- Students registered for UNCG Summer School will be housed in Lee or Union Residence Halls in Spartan Village, or Lofts on Lee (ONLY available to current Spring 2022 Lofts on Lee residents).
- Summer School housing is $937.50 per session and $1,875.00 for both sessions. Housing charges will be placed on your UNCG Student Account similar to how they were for the 2021-2022 Academic Year. Students pay housing, meal and tuition/fees to the UNCG Cashier's Office.
- Summer Session I is $937.50 and runs from May 10-June 16.
- Summer Session II is $937.50 and runs from June 15-July 22.
- For both sessions, the cost is $1875 and runs from May 10-July 22.
- Break Housing: Students with Fall 2022 assignments, who need housing between the end of Summer Session II and the beginning of the Fall 2022 semester can request break housing and will be charged a a break housing fee of $450. The Summer Break Housing fee will be placed on the student account after September 1, 2022.
- Summer Financial Aid: Please visit Summer Financial Aid.
- Current UNCG students who are not attending summer school may stay in Lee or Union Residence Halls in Spartan Village, or Lofts on Lee (ONLY available to current Spring 2022 Lofts on Lee residents) by paying Housing and Residence Life directly. After you have completed the application in Artemis, you will log back into Artemis and click on the "Summer Housing" button again to make your payment by debit/credit card. The summer payment went live at noon on Monday, March 15, 2022.
- The payment for one summer session term is $937.50 is due by April 30, 2022.
- The payment for the second summer session term is $937.50 and will be due by June 1, 2022.
- If you are signing up for both terms you can pay all on April 30 or pay for individual sessions on April 30 and June 1, respectively.
- Payment can also be made by check or money order at Housing and Residence Life.
- Current UNCG students residing on campus for Spring 2022, will stay in their current Spring 2022 assignment and move to their Summer 2022 assignment beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, May 10.
- The Summer 2022 room key will need to be picked up by 4 p.m. on May 10, and the move to the Summer 2022 assignment completed with the return of the Spring 2022 room key to the Housing Office in Ragsdale/Mendenhall by 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 11.
- UNCG Summer Session Students NOT currently living on campus for Spring 2022, will be able to check in at Haywood Hall Desk on Tuesday, May 10 beginning at 9 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m.
- After 4 p.m., students will need to check in at the Housing Office in Ragsdale/Mendenhall during regular office hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Students assigned to the same room for Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 will be automatically checked in for Summer 2022 the first time they use their Spartan Card after May 7.
WINTER BREAK HOUSING: FALL 21 TO SPRING 2022
Based on current University guidance, we will keep a limited number of residence hall spaces open for those who do not have any practical alternative during the break between Fall 2021 semester and Spring 2022 semester. Only students who secure an exception from Housing will be allowed to remain on campus. Requests for exceptions will be submitted in ARTEMIS, starting October 1st and must be requested by November 15th. Decisions on emergency break housing will be made as soon as possible. Students who receive emergency break housing in all halls except Spartan Village, Lofts on Lee, and Spring Garden will be moved to Tower Village for the break period.
Students living in Spartan Village, Lofts on Lee, and Spring Garden will be charged $250.
All other students living in other halls who are relocated to Tower Village will be charged $500.
Charges will be placed on the student account after February 1, 2022
Students who are NOT Fully Vaccinated will have to submit a negative Covid-19 PCR-RT test result administered during the weeks of December 6-10, December 13- 17, December 20 – 23, and December 27 -31. There will be limited testing on campus during the break period so you will have to get a test in the community and submit through ARTEMIS. Failure to submit a testing result each week will result in the suspension of access to your break housing assignment.