All residential students are bound by the Housing and Dining contract they agree to at the time they submit their housing application. The housing contract is the best place to start when you consider cancelling your housing.
- This contract shall be in force for one academic year, consisting of both fall and spring semesters and any applicable summer sessions. Contracts entered into during the contract period shall be in force through the end of the contract period.
- A Residence hall student who withdraws from University housing while remaining a student will be obligated to pay in full for the contract period unless released from the contract according to the terms specified in the contract.
- Discontinued enrollment, for any reason, will not terminate the contract except as specified in the section entitled “Cancellation Policies.”
Housing Cancellation between Dec. 8, 2017, and Jan. 4, 2018If you are no longer going to be a student for the Spring 2018 semester, you need to remove your belongings from your room and turn in your key to Housing and Residence Life. Our office will be open Monday - Friday between December 11-22, and you can drop the key off after-hours using the express envelope and mailbox outside our office. Between December 23 and January 1 you will not be able to get access to the residence halls. The university will re-open on January 2 and you can pick up your belongings at that time.
Graduation December 2017Residents who will graduate at the end of Fall 2017 will receive an email with information about how to cancel their housing for Spring 2018. In addition, they will receive instructions for late check out after graduation.
Not Returning for Spring 2018?If you do not plan to attend UNCG in Spring 2018, you must cancel your housing and meal plan. Beginning on October 15 you will be able to log into ARTEMIS and complete the cancellation form. You are eligible to cancel you academic year contract for the following reasons, if you are:
- Not registered for Spring 2018
- Doing an internship and/or Teaching Assignment outside of Guilford County (Documentation Required)
- Changing to Full-Time Online Student and not taking any classes on the main campus. (Pending Registration Verification