What is Stop, Drop, and Roll?
During Stop, Drop, and Roll, you will be able to sign up for a time slot to drop off items and set up your room for the fall semester, but you will not occupy your room during this time.
We strongly recommend you take advantage of Stop, Drop, and Roll if you are able to do so, as there will be limited parking in and around the halls during general move-in beginning on August 10.
When is Stop, Drop and Roll?
How to Sign up for Stop, Drop and Roll
You will receive an iSpartan email by July 8th, with detailed instructions and a link on how to sign up for a time slot for Stop, Drop, and Roll.
- Find your Residence Hall on the document below.
- See what dates your hall is available.
- Sign up for a time slot in Artemis.>
Students who submit their picture to the Spartan Card Center by July 15 will get their Spartan card where they get their key. If you did not submit a picture, will need to visit the Spartan Card Center during operational hours Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. AVERAGE WAITING TIME IN LINE IS 20-50 MINUTES.
I have signed up for Stop, Drop and Roll, Now what?
- Have conversations with your roommate(s) prior to arrival, to minimize purchasing or bringing duplicate items.
- Check out the What to Pack and What Not to Pack List.
- Make a plan to receive your Spartan Card prior to your arrival to campus.
- Residents should bring their own handtrucks, carts, and other assistive devices to aid in the move-in process, if possible.
- Keep checking your email for more information regarding parking and where to check in.
During Stop, Drop, and Roll
Please report to your designated Check in location during your time slot. A detailed email will be sent to you regarding where to report.You will need your id readily available to receive your key.
- Check in at your designated area.
- All residents will receive their room key when they arrive.
- New students will receive their UNCG ID card (Information on getting your Spartan Card will be emailed to your “@uncg.edu” email address.
- Returning students should already have their Spartan ID and should bring it with them when they arrive to campus.
- A limited number of carts will be available, and can be checked out during this time.
- Please pay attention to the clock as you unload your belongings and move into your room. We ask that you adhere to the time slot you have signed up for.
- If you see any maintenance concerns, please submit a Fixt Request.
- Once your time period has ended, you will need to leave the residence hall. No one may spend the night in any residence hall during Stop, Drop, and Roll.
- After you have dropped off items, please proceed directly to your parking space and leave the parking lot as quickly as possible. Residents in the subsequent time slot will need to park in those spaces.
Residents will not need to check in again when they return to campus for Stay, Live and Learn starting August 10.
Directions and Parking by Residence Hall
For your convenience, directions, and parking locations for moving into your specific residence hall this fall semester will be below.You must first check in at your designated location and then you can proceed to unload at your residence hall. Each includes a parking map (.pdf) for printing before you leave home. Please feel free to print prior to your arrival, so you can have this information at your fingertips.