One of the primary roles of RHA is to serve as an advocate for students living on campus. Advocacy takes many forms, forms, including assessment of resident needs and interests, personal meetings with university staff members, and promotion of resident interests on various university committees and boards.
Why does RHA advocate for residents?
- Direct connection with the Office of Housing & Residence Life (HRL) administration.
- Deep understanding of HRL policy.
- Electoral mandate from on-campus residents.
- Proximity to constituents (i.e., the residents).
How do we advocate?
- Figure out what residents need, not just what they want.
- Make sure residents know what RHA does and how to utilize RHA’s services to their optimal benefit.
- Seek out opportunities to meet with administrators and other student leaders.
To whom do we advocate?
- UNCG Administration
- Student Government Association
- UNCG Dining Services
- Campus Activities & Programs
- Other Student Organizations
- and many more!
Have an idea for something you’d like to see on campus or a policy you’d like to see changed? Contact us with your ideas!
Current Service Event:
All residence Halls are currently collecting gently used or new shoes for women in developing nations. Each location depends on the Residence Hall, so check with your CRL where you can drop off your donations! This drive will start January 26th and end February 26th.
2020-2021 Philanthropy Focus:
This year the RHA executive council will focus our philanthropic efforts on donation drives. These will occur throughout the Fall and Spring semester through the final efforts of the plastic bad donations, shoe drives, and feminine product drives as well. More information is to come so keep attending General Assembly’s!