The application process consists of submitting the Faculty-in-Residence Statement of Interest, a Letter of Support, and a Curriculum Vitae. Please submit application materials by February 16, 2017, to Erica E. Farrar, Senior Assistant Director for Academic Enhancement, Housing and Residence Life at Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection committee will review applications, and finalists will be invited for an interview. Final recommendations will be submitted to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and the Provost. A signed letter of support must be submitted from the faculty members’ Dean or Department Head. Final decisions will be announced by the end of March 2017. The move in date for this position is August 1, 2017. FIR on-boarding and orientation will begin at this time.
Statement of Interest
Submissions should not exceed 3 pages in length and should address the following questions:
Campus phone number:
Preferred phone contact number:
- Why are you interested in the FIR position?
- Please describe relevant connections/interactions, beyond the formal classroom setting, with undergraduate students and/or student groups that have prepared you for the FIR role?
- Please describe a programmatic initiative for residential students which integrates your research or personal interests? (include the title and how you would market the program)
- How would you utilize the Faculty-in-Residence position to:
- Support residents’ academic and life beyond college success
- Promote student engagement on campus
- Foster a culture of intellectual curiosity
Come to one of the FIR Information Sessions sponsored by HRL to gain insight from current FIR and residence life staff. Light refreshments will be served, feel free to drop in between the hours listed below.
- Thursday, February 2, 2017 4:00pm – 5:00pm in Hinshaw Residence Hall parlor (located in the Quad)
- Friday, February 10, 2017 3:00pm – 4:00pm in Spartan Village, Haywood Hall Clubhouse (located off of Gate City Blvd.)