The application process consists of submitting the Faculty-in-Residence Statement of Interest, a Letter of Support, and a Curriculum Vitae. Please submit application materials to Erica E. Estep, Senior Assistant Director for Academic Enhancement, Housing and Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org. See FIR Recruitment & Selection Timeline for application deadline.
A selection committee will review applications, and finalists will be invited to the interview process. Final recommendations will be submitted to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and the Provost. A signed letter of support must be submitted from the faculty members’ Dean or Department Head. Final decisions will be announced in the month of April. The FIR chosen must be available for an introductory meeting before the conclusion of spring semester. The start date for this position is approximately August 1st with a FIR on-boarding and orientation to begin shortly thereafter.
Statement of Interest
Submissions should not exceed 3 pages in length and should address the following questions:
Campus phone number:
Preferred phone contact number:
- Why are you interested in the FIR position?
- Please describe relevant connections/interactions, beyond the formal classroom setting, with undergraduate students and/or student groups that have prepared you for the FIR role?
- Please describe a programmatic initiative for residential students which integrates your research or personal interests? (include the title and how you would market the program)
- How would you utilize the Faculty-in-Residence position to:
- Support residents’ academic and life beyond college success
- Promote student engagement on campus
- Foster a culture of intellectual curiosity
If you have questions regarding the program, please contact Erica E. Estep, .