The application process consists of submitting the Faculty-in-Residence Statement of Interest, a Letter of Support, and a Curriculum Vitae. Please submit application materials by March 16, 2018 to Erica E. Farrar, Senior Assistant Director for Academic Enhancement, Housing and Residence Life at Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection committee will review applications, and finalists will be invited for an interview. Final recommendations will be submitted to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and the Provost. A signed letter of support must be submitted from the faculty members’ Dean or Department Head. Final decisions will be announced in April, 2018. The FIR chosen must be available for an introductory meeting prior to summer session. The move-in date for this position is August 1, 2018. FIR on-boarding and orientation will begin at this time.
Statement of Interest
Submissions should not exceed 3 pages in length and should address the following questions:
Campus phone number:
Preferred phone contact number:
- Why are you interested in the FIR position?
- Please describe relevant connections/interactions, beyond the formal classroom setting, with undergraduate students and/or student groups that have prepared you for the FIR role?
- Please describe a programmatic initiative for residential students which integrates your research or personal interests? (include the title and how you would market the program)
- How would you utilize the Faculty-in-Residence position to:
- Support residents’ academic and life beyond college success
- Promote student engagement on campus
- Foster a culture of intellectual curiosity
Faculty interested in this dynamic opportunity are strongly encouraged to attend the FIR Information Session sponsored by HRL to gain insight from current FIR and residence life staff. Light refreshments will be served, feel free to drop in within the scheduled time below. If you are unable to make this event, and have questions regarding the program, please contact Erica E. Farrar.
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 3-4 p.m. in the Housing and Residence Life Office located within Ragsdale-Mendenhall residence hall.