Each March, UNCG’s Alternative Spring Break trips are designed to provide an educational experience to a group of participants and are designed to link the Triad and North Carolina to the world through service. Since March of 2002, UNCG has sent volunteers to various destinations within the United States to provide service, to become educated on social issues affecting communities and to have LOTS of fun during spring break.
In the Spring, there will be one Alternative Spring Break trip to Washington, D.C. from March 1-7, 2020. Here are the specifics:
- Dates: Sunday, March 1 – Saturday, March 7, 2020
- Where: Washington, DC at The Pilgrimage Service Center
- Cost: $150 includes transportation via MegaBus from Durham, Metro Pass, Meals, Housing. You just need to bring money for shopping (on the free day) or for a DC cupcake.
- Service: Approximately 25-30 hours Monday thru Thursday at a variety of sights serving the hungry, the homeless, and those with HIV-AIDS.
- The Experience: PRICELESS!
The 2020 UNCG Alternative Spring Break Application can be found using this link. We will accept applications until the trip is full. Currently we have about 17 spots available. If accepted, your payment of $150 will be due on Friday, January 24.
We are having an informational meeting at 9 p.m. on Wednesday, January 22 at the Office of Housing and Residence Life in Jefferson Suites. Come with your questions.
See photos from past Alternative Spring Break trips