You could win big and you get to enjoy your room all year!
This year marks the 12th year that the Office of Housing and Residence Life will sponsor the Best Dressed Room Contest, a competitive tradition at UNCG. All students living on campus can participate in this room-decorating event.
It’s easy to enter.
All you have to do is deck out your room, grab your camera, phone, or tablet and take pictures of your room. Choose your favorite three shots, and upload them (along with the entry form) for the first round of judging.
Grand prizes include $450-$475 in merchandise that you select.
Rooms will be judged on style, creativity, detail, best use of space and overall impact and we will have a special award for the room with the most Spartan Spirit. First place winners will be selected from each residence hall. These first prize winners will automatically be entered for a chance to win one of two grand prizes, one for the best dressed apartment or suite and another for the best dressed traditional-style room.
(Please note: The quality of the photos will not be judged. Judges will only be looking at how your room is decorated, for purposes of selecting hall winners.)
To enter, students must complete an entry form and upload room photos no later than noon on September 12.
- Each photo needs to be under 10 MB in size, or the application will not go through.
- Entry forms must be approved by all parties sharing the room and by clicking "accept" on the form, all parties approve of the stipulations of the contest.
- Participants have the option to select from a list of prizes awarded on the entry form.
- First prize winners from each residence hall will be determined by a set of judges from Housing and Residence Life and will be automatically entered into the final round of judging.
- On September 20, roommates from winning rooms will receive an email that they have won at the hall level. They will be notified when the judges will come to see these rooms in person for final judging during the week of September 23. They will select two grand prize winning rooms this year, one from the apartments and suites and the other from traditional-style housing.
- All participants are invited to a dessert reception on October 2, 2019, beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the Tillman Smart room (in the Quad), at which time all winners will be announced and will receive a prize. Winners MUST be present to receive prizes, or ask a friend to show up on their behalf.
|Winner Level||Prize value|
|Best room in each residence hall||$50-$75 prize|
|Spartan Spirit Award||$200 prize: The AD of Marketing will determine the Spartan Spirit winner and a special prize will be awarded.|
|Random Drawing Award||$200 prize: Your room wasn't selected as a winner for your hall, but you could still win the random drawing if you attend the reception on October 2 in Shaw Residence Hall, from 5:30-on. You must RSVP for the reception. Details will follow.|
|Overall Grand Prize winner - Apartments & Suites||$400 prize: Grand prize winners get to keep their hall prize plus an additional prize valued at $400, a total of $450-$475 in prizes.|
|Overall Grand Prize winner - Traditional Housing||$400 prize: Grand prize winners get to keep their hall prize plus an additional prize valued at $400, a total of $450-$475 in prizes.|