Room Change & Artemis
Room change is for students who would like to change rooms or bring in a friend into an empty space in a room, suite, or apartment. Room Change is offered at several times during the academic year and specifics will be emailed to you. Any necessary forms will be located in Artemis, your all-access housing portal. If you wish to participate in Room Change, log into ARTEMIS and complete the required form and you will receive an email with further instructions.
Room Change Fall 2021
If you aren’t fully satisfied in your current assignment, we do have some vacancies across campus to accommodate students who want to move. Here are some important things to keep in mind when doing room change.
- New First Time Freshmen are required to live in a traditional double room with a roommate. If you are a new first time freshmen, you will ONLY be offered a space in another traditional double room with a roommate.
- Roommate Requests: we do have a few empty rooms in Phillips/Hawkins that we can offer for female roommate pairs to move. Both women in the roommate pair must accept the offer to move for the room changes to be fully approved.
- Covid Requirement: In order to participate in Room Change, you must have met the Covid Requirement to be on campus.
Between September 7th and November 1st all room changes must be approved by the resident’s CRL.
Spring 2022 Room Change
Roommate Pull-in (Oct. 18- Nov. 5):
If you have a vacancy in a room, suite, or apartment, and a potential roommate you would like to request to fill that space, log into Artemis and request a new roommate. Click on the “Request Roommate Pull-in for Spring” button. All Roommate Pull-In Requests must be completed by 4 p.m. on November 5, 2021.
For Roommate Pull-Ins to be approved, the following must happen by 4 p.m. on November 4:
- There must be a vacant space in the requester’s room, suite, or apartment.
- The requester must make a request to pull in requested roommate
- Requested roommate must log into ARTEMIS. and accept the request. For new Spring 2021 applicants, they must have a complete housing application with $200 prepayment.
Roommate Pull-in (Jan. 4-11):
A student with a vacancy in their room and a requested roommate they want to fill that space will come together to the HRL office and the requested roommate will begin the room change to the new space. All Roommate Pull-in room changes must be completed by 9 a.m. on August 25.
Room Swap (Jan. 4-24):
Two students who want to swap their rooms will come to the HRL office in Ragsdale/Mendenhall and exchange their keys and complete the paperwork to complete the room swap.
Open Room Change (Jan. 4-28):
This process is for any student who wants to do a room change to a new space. Here’s how the process will work:
- Between January 4 to 12pm (noon) on January 12, students interested in room change will complete the Room Change Request Form in ARTEMIS.
- By 9 a.m. on January 13, Room Change Offers will be sent via UNCG email.
- Students offered will have until 4 p.m. on January 13 to accept room change. Once room change is accepted, the room change will be prepared.
- Accepted room changes will start when the students pick up their new room keys between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on January 14. And those students must complete their room changes by returning their old key by 9 a.m. on January 18.
- Between January 18 and 28, students come to the HRL office in Ragsdale/Mendenhall to initiate a Room Change depending on available spaces.