Once you’ve become aware of the HOUSING DEADLINES you need to follow, you’re ready to use ARTEMIS, your all-access housing portal. You will use Artemis to access everything related to your housing assignment. You will apply, find out your room assignment and your roommate(s)’ information (if you are a new UNCG resident) or select your roommate and your specific room, find room change information, and more. Once you log in using your iSpartan credentials, you will see information that is custom-tailored just for you.
All about Artemis
How to Apply
The Spring 2022 New Application will go live at 10am on October 4th, 2021. The application is a two part process. To have a complete application, students must complete both the contract application and make the $200 prepayment. The $200 will be applied to the Spring 2022 bills as long as housing isn’t cancelled. There will be a priority deadline of 4pm on November 5th. Students who apply and make the $200 prepayment will be eligible for self-assign in December.
Those who don’t apply by the deadline will be able to complete a non-priority application (without prepayment) beginning November 15th at 3pm and will be assigned manually based on application preferences by January 3rd, 2022.
The Self-Assign process for those who complete the application and prepayment by the priority deadline (4pm November 5th), will begin on December 15th at 10am for New First Time Students and at 11am for all Upperclassmen students (including new transfer students). The self-assign process will continue until 8am on January 3rd.
Roommate Finder in Canvas
We have a great way for UNCG students to meet others who might like to share a room. The UNCG HRL Roommate Finder in Canvas can help! Just use your iSpartan credentials to access the Canvas Roommate Finder. Visit ROOMMATE FINDER information to get started.
- For students currently living in Lee, Lofts on Lee, and Union or students who will be living in Lee, Lofts on Lee and Union Residence Halls in Fall 2022: We will make every effort to keep you/get you into your assigned room to minimize the number of moves you must make. To do this, you will need to apply for Summer Housing by 4 p.m. on Friday, April 15, 2022.
- For all other students: To guarantee summer housing you will need to complete a housing application by 4 p.m. on April 22, 2022. Students who cancel their summer housing after May 5, 2022, will be charged a $200 cancellation fee. You may cancel your Summer Housing in Artemis.
- For students who complete the summer application by April 22, an email will be sent on April 25 with detailed information about check-in and picking up their key.
- Please note: Any students who apply for Summer Session Housing after April 22, 2022, will be housed on a space-available basis only.
- Beginning May 5, you will need to come to the HRL office to apply for Summer Session 1.
- If you are applying for Summer Session 2 ONLY, you will be able to apply for Summer Session 2 ONLY in Artemis. beginning May 18, 2022.
- Students registered for UNCG Summer School will be housed in Lee or Union Residence Halls in Spartan Village, or Lofts on Lee (ONLY available to current Spring 2022 Lofts on Lee residents).
- Summer School housing is $937.50 per session and $1,875.00 for both sessions. Housing charges will be placed on your UNCG Student Account similar to how they were for the 2021-2022 Academic Year. Students pay housing, meal and tuition/fees to the UNCG Cashier's Office.
- Summer Session I is $937.50 and runs from May 10-June 16.
- Summer Session II is $937.50 and runs from June 15-July 22.
- For both sessions, the cost is $1875 and runs from May 10-July 22.
- Break Housing: Students with Fall 2022 assignments, who need housing between the end of Summer Session II and the beginning of the Fall 2022 semester can request break housing and will be charged a a break housing fee of $450. The Summer Break Housing fee will be placed on the student account after September 1, 2022.
- Summer Financial Aid: Please visit Summer Financial Aid.
- Current UNCG students who are not attending summer school may stay in Lee or Union Residence Halls in Spartan Village, or Lofts on Lee (ONLY available to current Spring 2022 Lofts on Lee residents) by paying Housing and Residence Life directly. After you have completed the application in Artemis, you will log back into Artemis and click on the "Summer Housing" button again to make your payment by debit/credit card. The summer payment went live at noon on Monday, March 15, 2022.
- The payment for one summer session term is $937.50 is due by April 30, 2022.
- The payment for the second summer session term is $937.50 and will be due by June 1, 2022.
- If you are signing up for both terms you can pay all on April 30 or pay for individual sessions on April 30 and June 1, respectively.
- Payment can also be made by check or money order at Housing and Residence Life.
- Current UNCG students residing on campus for Spring 2022, will stay in their current Spring 2022 assignment and move to their Summer 2022 assignment beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, May 10.
- The Summer 2022 room key will need to be picked up by 4 p.m. on May 10, and the move to the Summer 2022 assignment completed with the return of the Spring 2022 room key to the Housing Office in Ragsdale/Mendenhall by 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 11.
- UNCG Summer Session Students NOT currently living on campus for Spring 2022, will be able to check in at Haywood Hall Desk on Tuesday, May 10 beginning at 9 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m.
- After 4 p.m., students will need to check in at the Housing Office in Ragsdale/Mendenhall during regular office hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Students assigned to the same room for Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 will be automatically checked in for Summer 2022 the first time they use their Spartan Card after May 7.
FAll 2022-Spring 2023
Select your situation from the choices below, then follow the instructions:
Get started with these steps:
Step 1: Check Out the Residence HallsPrioritize a list of the halls to which you’d like to be assigned. These include: Jefferson Suites, The Quad: (Bailey, Coit, Cotten, Gray, Hinshaw, Jamison and Shaw), Spring Garden Apts, Spartan Village: (Haywood, Highland, Lee, Lexington, McCormick, Union) and Tower Village.
Step 2: Know Your DeadlinesPlease visit the HOUSING DEADLINES for details and for VIDEOS about using ARTEMIS.
Step 3: Review the 2022-23 Housing ContractReview the 2022-23 Housing Contract. Pay special attention to the following:
- Cancellation Dates
- Property Liability
- Term Agreement
Step 4: Apply for Housing for 2022-2023Log into ARTEMIS beginning on January 24, 2022. You will need to make a non-refundable $200 prepayment to complete your application. If your EFC(Expected Family Contribution) on your 2022-2023 FAFSA is $1000 or less and was completed before January 15, 2022 your prepayment will automatically be waived in ARTEMIS. You can also check in ARTEMIS to see if your prepayment has been waived.
Step 5: Check Your EmailInformation about Group and Individual Self-Assignment will be posted on the Housing and Residence Life web site and e-mailed to your ispartan (@uncg.edu) account. It is your responsibility to read these e-mails and take appropriate action for each part of the re-application and re-assignment process. Failure to do so in a timely manner may result in you missing important deadlines and completing processes.
Following are the steps new applicants will follow:
Step 1: Check Out Special Interest HousingFind out if you want to apply for Special Interest Housing.
Step 2: Visit Residence Hall InformationPrioritize a list of the halls to which you’d like to be assigned. These include the following halls, (unless you apply and are accepted into a Special Interest Housing Community): Cone, Grogan, Guilford, Mary Foust, Moore/Strong, North Spencer, Ragsdale/Mendenhall, Reynolds, South Spencer, Weil/Winfield.
Step 3: Activate Your iSpartan Email AccountClaim your account by following these steps:
- Go to https://myaccount.uncg.edu and log in with the username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and temporary password you received in your notification email.
- Set a new password. See Choose a Strong Password for tips.
- Provide a non-UNCG email address.
- Choose and answer five security questions for password recovery. The answers to the questions are CASE SENSITIVE. For added security, the answers are not viewable by 6TECH staff.
- Note: It takes two business days after you confirm your admission to UNCG, to be able to set up your iSpartan account in order to access Mercury.
Step 4: Test Your AccessLog into ARTEMIS to access the application. You can test that your iSpartan account works ahead of time, but you will not be able to complete an application until the application period begins.
Parent/Legal Guardian Approval: If a student is not 18 years of age at the time the online Housing Application is submitted, a parent or legal guardian will need to agree with the conditions and terms of the 2022-23 Housing Contract. Instructions for this step are available in ARTEMIS.
Step 5: Read the Housing ContractThe 2022-23 Housing Contract is a legally binding document. Please read it carefully, as you are responsible for fulfilling the terms of the contract.
Step 6: Use Artemis to Apply and Self-AssignLog into ARTEMIS, to begin your housing application. You will be asked about:
- Special Interest Housing community preferences.
- Your building preferences (See Step 2 above): This is not optional and you must select all buildings and put them in order of preference. This preference is used if you do not participate in the Self-Assign process and are not assigned to a Special Interest Community.
- Any meal plan preferences.
- You will then select your space individually or as a group of two. For more information about selecting your room, visit the deadlines page.
All new Transfer students and Sophomore, Junior, Senior and Graduate students not currently living on campus now.
Step 1: View the Residence HallsPrioritize a list of the halls to which you’d like to be assigned. These include: Jefferson Suites, The Quad: (Bailey, Coit, Cotten, Gray, Hinshaw, Jamison and Shaw), Spring Garden Apts, Spartan Village: (Haywood, Highland, Lee, Lexington, McCormick, Union) and Tower Village. Lofts on Lee is available for Graduate students.
Step 2: Read the Housing ContractThe 2022-23 Housing Contract is a legally binding document. Please read it carefully, as you are responsible for fulfilling the terms of the contract.
For TRANSFER STUDENTS Only - All others skip to Step 3New transfer student applicants will need to complete two additional items before skipping to the steps below:
- Check Out Special Interest Housing
Find out if you want to apply for CONNECT - The Special Interest Housing for Transfer Students.
- Activate Your iSpartan Email Account
Activate Your iSpartan EmailBefore you open the application, ACTIVATE your iSpartan email account. UNCG iSpartan accounts are required to log into the application. You must wait one day between the time you activate your iSpartan account and the time you apply. The application can be completed using most internet browsers on both Mac and Windows PC. Accepted browsers include: IE 9 or older, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome.
- Test Artemis
Log into ARTEMIS. You can test that your iSpartan account works ahead of time, but you will not be able to complete an application until the deadline period begins.
Step 3: Apply for HousingLog into ARTEMIS beginning on February 1, 2022 at 3 p.m. EST. You will need to make a non-refundable $200 prepayment to complete your application. If your EFC(Expected Family Contribution) on your 2022-2023 FAFSA is $1000 or less and was completed before January 15, 2022 your prepayment will automatically be waived in ARTEMIS. You can also check in ARTEMIS to see if your prepayment has been waived.
Check Your emailInformation about Meal Plan changes and other housing information will be posted on the Housing and Residence Life web site and e-mailed to your ispartan (@uncg.edu) account.