Once you’ve become aware of the HOUSING DEADLINES you need to follow, you’re ready to use ARTEMIS, your all-access housing portal. You will use Artemis to access everything related to your housing assignment. You will apply, find out your room assignment and your roommate(s)’ information (if you are a new UNCG resident) or select your roommate and your specific room, find room change information, and more. Once you log in using your iSpartan credentials, you will see information that is custom-tailored just for you.
Roommate Finder in Canvas
We recognize that it can be difficult for UNCG students to meet others who might like to share a room. The UNCG HRL Roommate Finder can help. Please note, we are no longer using Facebook for this purpose. This year, it is hosted in Canvas. You will need to use your iSpartan credentials to access the Canvas Roommate Finder. Visit ROOMMATE FINDER information to get started.
2019-20 HOUSING APPLICATION
Select your situation from the choices below, then follow the instructions:
The Application period has ended. The Wait List Application is now available. Self-Assignment and De-Assignment ends June 30, 2019. A list of the deadlines that have appeared on this page remain below for your reference only.
Key Information About The Housing Application Process
Room RetentionFollowing are some key parts of the housing application process to keep in mind before you get started. Once you understand this information, you are ready to skip to the steps below to make sure that you get a housing assignment for 2019-20.
- Only students in Spartan Village/Lofts on Lee, Tower Village, and Spring Garden Apartments may elect to stay in their current room for 2019-20. Students living in Jefferson Suites and Quad Halls may not retain their rooms for 2019-20.
- Priority for assignment will be given to groups of 4, then groups of 3, groups of 2, and then individuals. These groups will be prioritized by randomly assigned priority numbers regardless of class standing for those who complete the application by the priority deadline.
- Current residents selecting rooms as individuals will be prioritized by randomly assigned priority numbers and class standing with freshman first, followed by sophomores, followed by juniors, and then followed by seniors/grads.
- Room Selection for Ashby College, Strong College, Grogan College and International Honors will be done separately then the general self-assignment process.
No Room Retention in the Quad or Jefferson Suites
- Current residents of the Quad Halls or Jefferson Suites will not be allowed to retain their current Spring 2018 assignment for the 2019-20 Housing Contract Period.
- Current residents of the Quad and Jefferson Suites along with all other current residents of the halls will have the opportunity to try to select a room in these two areas during the self-assignment period beginning on February 19.
- Students who have been assigned to a Quad/Jefferson Suites per the Special Accommodations Process may request to keep their current room. These students will be contacted by e-mail.
- Students in the International Honors Program in Gray Hall may be allowed to keep their current rooms.
Get started with these steps:
Step 1: Check Out the Residence HallsPrioritize a list of the halls to which you’d like to be assigned. These include: Jefferson Suites, The Quad: (Bailey, Coit, Cotten, Gray, Hinshaw, Jamison and Shaw), Spring Garden Apts, Spartan Village: (Haywood, Highland, Lee, Lexington, McCormick, Union), Tower Village.
Step 2: Know Your DeadlinesPlease visit the HOUSING DEADLINES for details and for VIDEOS about using Artemis.
Step 3: See Your Current AssignmentTo find your current room assignment information, log into UNCGenie. You can check on the following:
- Room Assignment
- Roommate Assigned to your room
- Meal Plan
Step 4: Apply for HousingClick on the Artemis graphic anywhere on the application page to access the login screen for the application. You will see information that is custom-tailored for you.
Step 5: Assign yourself to a RoomOnce you have completed the application, you are ready to select a room. You will need to check to the "Current Campus Resident Deadlines" to determine when and how you assign yourself to a room. Individual videos will walk you through each part of the room selection process.
Check Your emailInformation about Meal Plan changes and other housing information will be posted on the Housing and Residence Life web site and e-mailed to your ispartan (@uncg.edu) account.
Only 139 new student spaces are available! Act fast!Between Feb. 18 and May 31, 2019, new, first-year students can use Artemis to apply for housing for the 2019-20 academic year. Apply by May 31, 2019, and you will be guaranteed housing on campus.
Following are the steps new applicants will follow:
Step 1: Check Out Special Interest HousingFind out if you want to apply for Special Interest Housing.
Step 2: Visit Residence Hall InformationPrioritize a list of the halls to which you’d like to be assigned. These include the following halls, (unless you apply and are accepted into a Special Interest Housing Community): Cone, Grogan, Guilford, Mary Foust, Moore/Strong, North Spencer, Phillips/Hawkins, Ragsdale/Mendenhall, Reynolds, South Spencer, Weil/Winfield
Step 3: Activate Your iSpartan Email AccountBefore you open the application, ACTIVATE your iSpartan email account. UNCG iSpartan accounts are required to log into the application. You must wait one day between the time you activate your iSpartan account and the time you apply. The application can be completed using most internet browsers on both Mac and Windows PC. Accepted browsers include: IE 9 or older, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome.
Step 4: Test Your AccessClick on the Artemis graphic anywhere on the application page to access the login screen for the application. You can test that your iSpartan account works ahead of time, but you will not be able to complete an application until the deadline period begins.
- Parent/Legal Guardian Approval:
- If a student is not 18 years of age at the time the online Housing Application is submitted, a parent or legal guardian will need to agree with the conditions and terms of the 2019-20 Housing Contract. Instructions for this step are available in Artemis.
Step 5: Read the Housing ContractThe2019-20 Housing Contract. is a legally binding document. Please read it carefully, as you are responsible for fulfilling the terms of the contract.
Step 6: Use Artemis to ApplyLog into Artemis, to begin your housing application. You will be asked about:
- Special Interest Housing community preferences.
- Your building preferences (See Step 2 above): This is not optional and you must select all buildings and put them in order of preference. This preference is used if you are not assigned to a Special Interest Community.
- Any roommate preference and meal plan preferences: You will answer questions that will pair you with a random roommate, or you will select a specific person with whom you’d like to room.
- You will then order your building preferences.
Getting Your AssignmentNew First Time Freshman will be assigned in waves, and the final assignments will be made in early July. During each wave only a percentage of each building will be filled. After you complete the application, you will be able to return to it to edit your preferences until June 30, 2019.
New freshmen are assigned in waves, as follows:
- 1st Wave: April 1
New Freshmen who apply before March 15, and who don't select a Special Interest Community preference, will receive an assignment by April 1.
- 2nd Wave: May 1
New Freshmen who apply or de-assign* before April 15, and who don't select a Special Interest Community preference, will receive an assignment by May 1.
- 3rd Wave: June 1
New Freshmen who apply or de-assign before May 15, will receive an assignment by June 1.
- Final Wave: July 6
New Freshmen who apply or de-assign before June 30, will receive an assignment by July 6.
Updating Your ApplicationTo update your housing application, log into Artemis and update your preferences. You have until June 30 or once you are assigned to update your preferences. Please Note: If you want to remove a special interest community preference, you must change the preference to "I don't want to live in a Special Interest Community."
Making Changes by De-AssigningIf you are assigned to a room but you wish to make changes to your assignment, you will need to request to DE-ASSIGN from your current assignment.
- You have found a person and you'd like to be paired with as a roommate and you want to add each other to your housing applications. (Remember that to have a mutual roommate request, both students must request each other.)
- You want to re-order your building preferences because you have changed your mind on the hall in which you'd prefer to live.
- You have decided to add or drop a Special Interest Community. To remove a special interest community preference, you must change the preference to "I don't want to live in a Special Interest Community."
- Within one business day after this form is completed, you will receive an e-mail notifying you that you have been de-assigned from your current 2019-2019 assignment.
- You can then update your application preferences in Artemis before the next wave of assignments goes out.
- You will have until June 30, 2019, to de-assign from your currently assigned room.
Access the adaptive technology transcript: UNCG Freshmen - How to De-Assign.
The Application period ended May 31. The Wait List Application is now available. Self-Assignment and De-Assignment ends June 30, 2019. A list of the deadlines that have appeared on this page remain below for your reference only.Following are instructions for the 2019-20 Housing Application for:
All new Transfer students and Sophomore, Junior, Senior and Graduate students not currently living on campus now.
Step 1: View the Residence HallsPrioritize a list of the halls you prefer. These include: Jefferson Suites, The Quad: (Bailey, Coit, Cotten, Gray, Hinshaw, Jamison and Shaw), Spring Garden Apts, Spartan Village: (Haywood, Highland, Lee, Lexington, McCormick, Union), Tower Village. Lofts on Lee is available for Graduate students.
Step 2: Read the Housing ContractThe 2019-20 Housing Contract. is a legally binding document. Please read it carefully, as you are responsible for fulfilling the terms of the contract.
For TRANSFER STUDENTS Only - All others skip to Step 3New transfer student applicants will need to complete two additional items before skipping to the steps below:
- Check Out Special Interest Housing
Find out if you want to apply for CONNECT - The Special Interest Housing for Transfer Students.
- Activate Your iSpartan Email Account
Activate Your iSpartan EmailBefore you open the application, ACTIVATE your iSpartan email account. UNCG iSpartan accounts are required to log into the application. You must wait one day between the time you activate your iSpartan account and the time you apply. The application can be completed using most internet browsers on both Mac and Windows PC. Accepted browsers include: IE 9 or older, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome.
- Test Artemis
Click on the Artemis graphic anywhere on the application page to access the login screen for the application. You can test that your iSpartan account works ahead of time, but you will not be able to complete an application until the deadline period begins.
Step 3: Use Artemis to Apply for HousingClick on the Artemis graphic to open the application. After you complete the application and make the $200 pre-payment, you will be able to return to Artemis to self-assign to a room. From that point on, you will be able to edit your preferences in the application until June 30, 2019. The application can be completed using most internet browsers on both Mac and Windows PC. Accepted browsers include: IE 9 or older, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome.
Step 4: Assign Yourself to a Room (Self-Assign)Once you have completed the application and made your $200 pre-payment, you are ready to select a room, beginning March 12. After you log back in to Artemis, you can follow the steps in this video.
Check Your emailInformation about Meal Plan changes and other housing information will be posted on the Housing and Residence Life web site and e-mailed to your ispartan (@uncg.edu) account.
Phone: (336) 334-4101
After You Apply: Changing Your 2019-20 Assignment
This section applies to everyone but new, first-time students (freshmen). Once you have successfully assigned yourself to a room, you may make changes by following one of the processes below. Be sure to read through both before you make a decision.
De-Assignment Risks for Current Campus Residents, Upperclass Non-Residents, or Transfer Students:Although you will be able to select a new room after being de-assigned, here are some risks to keep in mind before you de-assign:
- Once you de-assign, you cannot change your mind and ask to get your current 2019-2020 assignment back.
- We cannot tell you what is available. Because other students are constantly searching for rooms, the information we would provide would be outdated as soon as we told you. So yes, you have to give up your current room with no guarantees of getting anything better.
- If you and your roommate de-assign, you might not be able to get yourselves back together in the same room/suite/apartment.
- How many rooms are available Remember, other students have selected rooms too and this limits what's available for you to choose. The more rooms that are available at the moment you search, the greater chance you have at selecting one.
- How many students are searching for rooms If no other students are searching for a room when you look, you have a greater chance of selecting a new space (if one is available). You may even be able to re-select the room you just de-assigned from if you don't see a room you want more.
- How many times you check Artemis If you plan to de-assign and then only check Artemis once for a space, you may not find the space you want or a space at all. You must check Artemis multiple times a day to see if new spaces become available as other students de-assign or cancel their housing applications. Last year, we had a few students who de-assigned and selected a new room over 15 times. The more persistent you are, the better chances you have at finding a room.
You might want to consider Room Swap instead of De-AssignmentIf you are interested in changing your assignment but don’t want to De-Assign, you can try a "Room Swap." Room Swap refers to finding a room you want on a spreadsheet that includes other students who want to change rooms. If they want your room in return, you can swap. To start the process:
- Log into ARTEMIS, where you will find the Room Swap Form.
- If you are able to find someone with a room space that you would like to swap with, each of you need to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- UNCG ID Number
- Hall and Room to which you are currently assigned
- Name of the Student with whom you want to switch rooms
- His or her Hall and Room assignment
March, 2019: Information for Students Searching for a Room
SUMMER 2019 Housing Application
- For students currently living in Lee Residence Hall or Lofts on Lee, or students who will be living in Lee Residence Hall in Fall 2019: We will make every effort to keep you/get you into your assigned room to minimize the number of moves you must make. To do this, you will need to apply for Summer Housing by 4 p.m. on Friday, April 5, 2019.
- For all other students: To guarantee summer housing you will need to complete a housing application by 4 p.m. on May 1. Students who cancel their summer housing after May 1, will be charged a $200 cancellation charge. You may cancel your Summer Housing in Artemis.
- For students who complete the summer application by April 29, an email will be sent on April 30 with detailed information about check-in and picking up their key.
- Please note: Any students who apply for Summer Session Housing after May 1, 2019, will be housed on a space-available basis only.
- Students registered for UNCG Summer School will be housed in Lee Residence Hall in Spartan Village, or Lofts on Lee (ONLY available to current Spring 2019 Lofts on Lee residents).
- Summer School housing is $879.50 per session and $1759.00 for both sessions. Housing charges will be placed on your UNCG Student Account similar to how they were for the 2018-2019 Academic Year. Students pay housing, meal and tuition/fees to the UNCG Cashier's Office.
- Current UNCG students who are not attending summer school may stay in Lee Residence Hall by paying Housing and Residence Life directly. After you have completed the application in Artemis, you will log back into Artemis and click on the "Summer Housing" button again to make your payment by debit/credit card. The summer payment will go live at noon on Monday, March 18.
- The payment for one summer session term is $879.50 is due by May 1, 2019.
- The payment for the second summer session term is $879.50 will be due by June 1, 2019.
- If you are signing up for both terms you can pay all on May 1 or pay for individual sessions on May 1 and June 1, respectively.
- Payment can also be made by check or money order at Housing and Residence Life.
- Summer Session I Check In will begin at 9 a.m. Tuesday, May 14.
- Summer Session I Check Out must be completed by noon on Thursday, June 20.
- Summer Session II Check In will begin at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, June 19.
- Summer Session II Check Out must be completed by noon on July 25.
- Housing & Residence Life is in the center of Ragsdale-Mendenhall at 201 Gray Dr., Greensboro, NC 27412
- Check-in for Summer 2019 is in the Office of Housing and Residence Life in Ragsdale/Mendenhall, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Due to summer construction projects, students in Weil/Winfield will pick up their keys in Weil/Winfield on Sunday, May 12, and must complete their move to Lee Hall by 8 a.m. on Monday, May 13.
- All other students will stay in their current Spring 2019 until Tuesday, May 14. On May 14 at 9 a.m., they can pick up their summer 2019 key for first summer session check in. The Spring 2019 key must be returned by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, May 14.
- Students who require housing between the end of Summer Session II (July 26) and the beginning of Fall 2019 Semester (August 14) may sign up for a interim housing contract of $500 for the 19-day period between terms. More information about this option will be available in June.
SPRING 2019 Housing Application
The Spring 2019 Housing Application for all students not currently living on campus has been available in ARTEMIS since 10 a.m. on Monday, October 15. Before you open the application, ACTIVATE your iSpartan email account. UNCG iSpartan accounts are required to log into the application. You must wait one day between the time you activate your iSpartan account and the time you apply.
The application can be completed using most internet browsers on both Mac and Windows PC. Accepted browsers include: IE 9 or older, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome.