Once you’ve become aware of the deadlines you need to follow, you’re ready to use ARTEMIS, your all-access housing portal. You will use Artemis to access everything related to your housing assignment. You will apply, find out your room assignment and your roommate(s)’ information (if you are a new UNCG resident) or select your roommate and your specific room, find room change information, and more. Once you log in using your iSpartan credentials, you will see information that is custom-tailored just for you.
UNCG HRL Find a Roommate Group
We recognize that it can be difficult for UNCG students to meet others who might like to share a room. The UNCG HRL “Find a Roommate Group” can help. Visit Find a Roommate to get started.
2017-2018 Housing Application
Attention! There are currently 23 spots available for new first-year students. The deadline for guaranteed housing has been extended until no more spaces remain.Here are the steps new applicants will follow:
Step 1: Check Out Special Interest HousingFind out if you want to apply for Special Interest Housing.
Step 2: Visit Residence Hall InformationPrioritize a list of the halls to which you’d like to be assigned. These include the following halls, (unless you apply and are accepted into a Special Interest Housing Community): Grogan, Guilford, Mary Foust, Moore/Strong, North Spencer, Phillips/Hawkins, Ragsdale/Mendenhall, Reynolds, South Spencer, Weil/Winfield
Step 3: Activate Your iSpartan Email AccountBefore you open the application, ACTIVATE your iSpartan email account. UNCG iSpartan accounts are required to log into the application. You must wait one day between the time you activate your iSpartan account and the time you apply. The application can be completed using most internet browsers on both Mac and Windows PC. Accepted browsers include: IE 9 or older, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome.
Step 4: Test Your AccessClick on the Artemis graphic anywhere on the application page to access the login screen for the application. You can test that your iSpartan account works ahead of time, but you will not be able to complete an application until the deadline period begins.
- Parent/Legal Guardian Approval:
- If a student is not 18 years of age at the time the online Housing Application is submitted, a parent or legal guardian will need to agree with the conditions and terms of the Housing Contract. Instructions for this step are available in Artemis.
Step 5: Read the Housing ContractThe 2017-18 Housing Contract is a legally binding document. Please read it carefully, as you are responsible for fulfilling the terms of the contract.
Step 6: Use Artemis to Apply
This video will help:Log into Artemis, to begin your housing application. You will be asked about:
- Special Interest Housing community preferences.
- Your building preferences (See Step 2 above): This is not optional and you must select all buildings and put them in order of preference. This preference is used if you are not assigned to a Special Interest Community.
- Any roommate preference and meal plan preferences: You will answer questions that will pair you with a random roommate, or you will select a specific person with whom you’d like to room.
- You will then order your building preferences.
Getting Your AssignmentNew First Time Freshman will be assigned in waves, and the final assignments will be made in early July. During each wave only a percentage of each building will be filled. After you complete the application, you will be able to return to it to edit your preferences until June 30, 2017.
- 1st Wave: April 1 New Freshmen who apply before March 15, and who don't select a Special Interest Community preference, will receive an assignment by April 1.
- 2nd Wave: May 1 New Freshmen who apply or de-assign* before April 15, and who don't select a Special Interest Community preference, will receive an assignment by May 1.
- 3rd Wave: June 1 New Freshmen who apply or de-assign before May 15, will receive an assignment by June 1.
- Final Wave: July 6 New Freshmen who apply or de-assign before June 15, will receive an assignment by July 6.
Updating Your ApplicationTo update your housing application, log into Artemis and update your preferences. You have until June 30 or once you are assigned to update your preferences. Please Note: If you want to remove a special interest community preference, you must change the preference to "I don't want to live in a Special Interest Community."
Making Changes by De-Assigning
This video will help:If you are assigned to a room but you wish to make changes to your assignment, you will need to request to DE-ASSIGN from your current assignment. To de-assign means to be removed from a room to which you were assigned, without cancelling your housing application. You may want to consider this if:
- You have found a person and you'd like to be paired with as a roommate and you want to add each other to your housing applications. (Remember that to have a mutual roommate request, both students must request each other.)
- You want to re-order your building preferences because you have changed your mind on the hall in which you'd prefer to live.
- You have decided to add or drop a Special Interest Community. To remove a special interest community preference, you must change the preference to "I don't want to live in a Special Interest Community."
- Within one business day after this form is completed, you will receive an e-mail notifying you that you have been de-assigned from your current 2017-2018 assignment.
- You can then update your application preferences in Artemis before the next wave of assignments goes out.
- You will have until June 15, 2017, to de-assign from your currently assigned room.
Access the adaptive technology transcript: UNCG Freshmen - How to De-Assign.
Step 1: Complete the Wait List ApplicationLog into Artemis and complete the wait list application. If you have already completed an application and had it canceled, you will need to email email@example.com to request to reactivate your application as a wait list application.
Step 2: Check your iSpartan EmailIn late July/early August, if space is available we will send out offer emails. In the offer email, you will receive a deadline in which to complete the $200 prepayment. Once you have complete the $200 prepayment, you will be assigned to a space. You will most likely begin in temporary housing and moved to a permanent space when it becomes available.
Temporary HousingTemporary rooms are converted community rooms in Phillips/Hawkins, Moore/Strong, and Reynolds. Typically, four students are assigned together until a permanent room becomes available. The amount of time a student spends in a temporary room varies. Last year, all students in temporary housing moved to permanent assignments within the first month.
After You Apply: Changing Your 2017-18 Assignment
This section applies to everyone but new, first-time students (freshmen). Once you have successfully assigned yourself to a room, you may make changes by following one of the processes below. Be sure to read through both before you make a decision.
De-Assignment Risks for Current Campus Residents, Upperclass Non-Residents, or Transfer Students:Although you will be able to select a new room after being de-assigned, here are some risks to keep in mind before you de-assign:
- Once you de-assign, you cannot change your mind and ask to get your current 2017-2018 assignment back.
- We cannot tell you what is available. Because other students are constantly searching for rooms, the information we would provide would be outdated as soon as we told you. So yes, you have to give up your current room with no guarantees of getting anything better.
- If you and your roommate de-assign, you might not be able to get yourselves back together in the same room/suite/apartment.
- How many rooms are available Remember, other students have selected rooms too and this limits what's available for you to choose. The more rooms that are available at the moment you search, the greater chance you have at selecting one.
- How many students are searching for rooms If no other students are searching for a room when you look, you have a greater chance of selecting a new space (if one is available). You may even be able to re-select the room you just de-assigned from if you don't see a room you want more.
- How many times you check Artemis If you plan to de-assign and then only check Artemis once for a space, you may not find the space you want or a space at all. You must check Artemis multiple times a day to see if new spaces become available as other students de-assign or cancel their housing applications. Last year, we had a few students who de-assigned and selected a new room over 15 times. The more persistent you are, the better chances you have at finding a room.
You might want to consider Room Swap insteadIf you are interested in changing your assignment but don’t want to De-Assign, you can try a "Room Swap." Room Swap refers to finding a room you want on a spreadsheet that includes other students who want to change rooms. If they want your room in return, you can swap. To start the process:
- Log into ARTEMIS, where you will find the Room Swap Form.
- If you are able to find someone with a room space that you would like to swap with, each of you need to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- UNCG ID Number
- Hall and Room to which you are currently assigned
- Name of the Student with whom you want to switch rooms
- His or her Hall and Room assignment
March, 2017: Information for Students Searching for a Room
2017 Summer Housing (May 17-July 28)
Summer Housing will be located in Spring Garden Apartments (apartments with single rooms) in 2017 for $837.00 per session. The 2017 Summer Housing Application for Summer Session I went live in ARTEMIS on March 15 and closed on May 10.
Students who are interested in applying to live on campus during Summer Session I must now come to the Office of Housing and Residence Life in Ragsdale/Mendenhall, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. If you are taking summer session classes you must bring proof of registration at the time you come to apply for housing.
The Housing Application in ARTEMIS will re-open for Summer Session II on May 22.
UNCG students may live on campus during the summer between May 17 and July 28. Visit the Housing Deadlines page for specific summer application dates and details about your move.