SPRING 23 MOVE-IN INFORMATION
HALL OPENING AND EARLY ARRIVALS
The Residence Halls reopen for Spring 2023 at 8 am on Thursday, January 5, 2023. Assigned Students who need to arrive early can complete an early arrival request form in ARTEMIS beginning on December 13 to gain access and stay on campus as early as 8 am on January 3. If approved for early arrival, a $50 early arrival charge will be placed on the student account in February.
- New Spring 2023 applicants will pick up their room key and Spartan Card (if they have had one made in advance) at the Housing Office in Ragsdale-Mendenhall between 8 am and 5 pm on Thursday, January 5 or Friday January 6.
Returning to Campus: Parking and Keys
Returning to Campus
All residents and guests returning to campus must follow all parking regulations, and may only stop, unload, and/or park in approved locations Residents with valid 2022-2023 UNCG Parking permits may park in those designated areas according to your permit. Please contact the Parking Operations and Campus Access Management office with any questions.
For those who have not yet picked up their keys, they will be available in the Housing Office in Ragsdale-Mendenhall between 8am and 5 pm Thursday January 5 and Friday January 6.
For those who already have their keys:
- You may only park or stop in approved university parking locations.
- If you are being dropped off, please identify a parking lot close to your hall and exit the vehicle quickly. Do not park where you do not have a valid permit.
- For those who need to park, you may park in open Parking Decks for an hourly fee.
- Vehicles parked in fire lanes, or other areas not designated for parking will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
For more information about parking and transportation, please visit http://parking.uncg.edu.
Early and Late Arrivals
Students may choose to move in as early as 8 am on January 3 as an Early Arrival. The Spring 2023 Early Arrival Form will be available in ARTEMIS beginning on December 13. Early arrivals are charged $50 and will be placed on your student account.
Students who have their room key, will gain access at 8 am Students who must pick up a key must come to the Office of Housing and Residence Life in Ragsdale/Mendenhall between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to check-in and receive their key and access to their hall. There will be no check-in on the weekend (Saturday, January 7 & Sunday, January 8) so please plan accordingly.
If you are planning to arrive after 5 p.m. on January 9, you will be considered a late arrival. You must send an email to email@example.com to hold your assignment after the check-in deadline, otherwise your housing assignment could be changed or canceled per the housing contract.
Change Meal Plan
Students will now be able to make changes to their meal plans after November 12, via their UNCGenie accounts. Here’s how:
- Go to UNCGenie
- Click on “Personal Information”
- Click on “Add/Change Fall/Spring Meal Plan” (scroll down to find it)
- Follow the instructions to make a change
Please note: all students are considered commuter students until housing and meal plan charges are posted on student accounts.
Find Your Housing Assignment & Roommate Information
It’s easy to find all housing assignment information. Simply click on the Artemis logo (below) to get to the application’s login screen. Once in Artemis:
- Login using your iSpartan username and password
- Click on “Housing Assignment” at the bottom of the page to see if an assignment has been made for you or to see who has been assigned as your roommate. You will also find your roommate’s email address.
Student Personal Property Insurance
UNCG is not currently responsible for the loss of personal property in the residence halls. But this year, students have the option to cover the unexpected loss of their personal property due to unforeseen circumstances. Find out more about Student Personal Property Insurance and everything that is covered.