It’s an exciting time of the year when you will move to UNCG to make the campus your home. New students should become familiar with all of the information about moving into the residence halls in the fall. Returning residents can quickly find the bits of information they need by selecting from the information below.
Download the UNCG Guides App and click on the Housing and Residence Life sub-guide to find a phone-friendly way of viewing this information as you prepare for Move-In. It’s the same UNCG Guide App you’ll use at SOAR.
|Hall Name||Move-In Date|
|Bailey (Quad)||Thurs., August 10|
|Coit (Quad)||Thurs., August 10|
|Cotton (Quad)||Thurs., August 10|
|Gray (Quad)||Thurs., August 10|
|Grogan||Thurs., August 10|
|Guilford||Wed., August 9|
|Haywood (Spartan Village)||Fri., August 11|
|Highland (Spartan Village)||Fri., August 11|
|Hinshaw (Quad)||Thurs., August 10|
|Jamison (Quad)||Thurs., August 10|
|Jefferson Suites||Wed., August 9|
|Lee (Spartan Village)||Thurs., August 10|
|Lexington (Spartan Village Phase 2 )||Wed., August 9|
|Lofts on Lee||Wed., August 9|
|Mary Foust||Wed., August 9|
|McCormick (Spartan Village Phase 2)||Wed., August 9|
|Moore/Strong||Thurs., August 10|
|North Spencer||Thurs., August 10|
|Phillips/Hawkins||Fri., August 11|
|Ragsdale/Mendenhall||Fri., August 11|
|Reynolds||Fri., August 11|
|Shaw (Quad)||Thurs., August 10|
|South Spencer||Thurs., August 10|
|Spring Garden Apartments||Fri., August 11|
|Tower Village||Thurs., August 10|
|Union (Spartan Village)||Thurs., August 10|
|Weil/Winfield||Wed., August 9|
- Login using your iSpartan username and password
- Click on “Housing Assignment” at the bottom of the page to see if an assignment has been made for you or to see who has been assigned as your roommate. You will also find your roommate's email address.
Early ArrivalsThe "Fall 2017 Early Arrival Request” form will start recording requests for Fall 2017 Early Arrivals on June 1, 2017. Early check-in will only occur on:
- Friday, August 4, for an additional $100
- Monday, August 7, for an additional $50
- Tuesday, August 8, for an additional $50
Late ArrivalsIf you will not be able to check into your Fall assignment prior to 5 p.m. on August 21, please email email@example.com.
MicroFridge units are now available for UNCG students to rent or purchase through Standards for Living (http://standardsforliving.com/school-info/unc-greensboro). To place your order, visit their website or call the Order Processing Center (1-800-525-7307), Monday – Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. The MicroFridge program is sponsored by the Residence Hall Association (RHA) and all proceeds are used for student programming. Rent a MicroFridge
- Residents can check into their assigned hall from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Residents checking in after 5 p.m. should follow instructions on how to contact duty staff, which will be placed on building entrances.*
- Students should bring their SpartanCards to their assigned residence halls to check-in and get keys on the designated move-in day. It is recommended that family members park and stay with the car as students sign for their keys.
- Plan for the weather. Moving can be challenging, so dress appropriately. North Carolina can get very hot in August.
- Bring your SpartanCards to show staff members in your building from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., in order to check in and receive your keys. Residents checking in after 5 p.m. should follow instructions on how to contact duty staff, which will be placed on building entrances.
- It is recommended that family members park and stay with the car as students sign for their keys. Parking is limited and is at a premium. Please park in designated areas and move your materials quickly so you can move your car out of the flow of traffic, so another student can unload.
- The Chill Zone, AUGUST 9-11 When move-in has you feeling the heat, take a break at the Chill Zone, sponsored by the Office of New Student Transitions & First Year Experience, Undergraduate Admissions, Alumni Affairs, and the Dean of Students Office. Students and their families are invited to enjoy ice-cold water and frozen treats, grab a UNCG giveaway, and meet other Spartans at the Chill Zone. Plus, register for a drawing to win a $100 gift card for the UNCG Bookstore! Look for the Chill Zone tent on Moran Commons from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every day during UNCG’S 2017 Fall Move-In.
- Elevators Most of the residence halls have elevators. Those that do not are: Guilford, Mary Foust, North Spencer, Ragsdale/Mendenhall, South Spencer, and Weil-Winfield.
- Trash and Recycling Once you arrive and have settled into your room a bit, you will need to get rid of some moving boxes and other unwanted materials. The Office of Waste Reduction and Recycling provides a specific area for cardboard, and other types of recyclables, and standard trash bins or dumpsters. Please check with members of the HRL staff if you need assistance finding these locations.
- Water Water will be provided at designated move-in locations throughout the move-in process. As it tends to get a little warm this time of year in Greensboro, make sure you cool yourself down with ice-cold water. Locations will vary. Ask a move-in volunteer if you need help in finding some.