It’s an exciting time of the year when you will move to UNCG to make the campus your home. Below is all information regarding Move-In for the Fall 2019 semester.
New students should become familiar with all of the information about moving into the residence halls in the fall. Returning residents can quickly find the bits of information they need by selecting from the information below.
|Hall Name||Move-In Date|
|Bailey (Quad)||Thurs., August 15|
|Coit (Quad)||Thurs., August 15|
|Cone||Fri, August 16|
|Cotton (Quad)||Thurs., August 15|
|Gray (Quad)||Thurs., August 15|
|Grogan||Thurs., August 15|
|Guilford||Wed., August 14|
|Haywood (Spartan Village)||Fri., August 16|
|Highland (Spartan Village)||Fri., August 16|
|Hinshaw (Quad)||Thurs., August 15|
|Jamison (Quad)||Thurs., August 15|
|Jefferson Suites||Wed., August 14|
|Lee (Spartan Village)||Thurs., August 15|
|Lexington (Spartan Village Phase 2 )||Wed., August 14|
|Lofts on Lee||Wed., August 14|
|Mary Foust||Wed., August 14|
|McCormick (Spartan Village Phase 2)||Wed., August 14|
|Moore/Strong||Thurs., August 15|
|North Spencer||Thurs., August 15|
|Phillips/Hawkins||Fri., August 16|
|Ragsdale/Mendenhall||Fri., August 16|
|Reynolds||Wed., August 14|
|Shaw (Quad)||Thurs., August 15|
|South Spencer||Thurs., August 15|
|Spring Garden Apartments||Fri., August 16|
|Tower Village||Thurs., August 15|
|Union (Spartan Village)||Thurs., August 15|
|Weil/Winfield||Wed., August 14|
- Login using your iSpartan username and password
- Click on “Housing Assignment” at the bottom of the page to see if an assignment has been made for you or to see who has been assigned as your roommate. You will also find your roommate's email address.
Early ArrivalsThe "Fall 2019 Early Arrival Request” form located in ARTEMIS will start recording requests for Fall 2018 Early Arrivals on June 1, 2019. Early check-in will only occur on:
- Friday, August 9, for an additional $100
- Monday, August 12, for an additional $50
- Tuesday, August 13, for an additional $50
- Early Arrival Charges will be placed on the student account after September 1.
Late ArrivalsIf you will not be able to check into your Fall 2019 assignment prior to 5 p.m. on August 20, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MicroFridge units are now available for UNCG students to rent or purchase through Standards for Living (http://standardsforliving.com/school-info/unc-greensboro). To place your order, visit their website or call the Order Processing Center (1-800-525-7307), Monday – Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. The MicroFridge program is sponsored by the Residence Hall Association (RHA) and all proceeds are used for student programming. Rent a MicroFridge
- Residents can check into their assigned hall from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Residents checking in after 5 p.m. should follow instructions on how to contact duty staff, which will be placed on building entrances.*
- Students should bring their SpartanCards to their assigned residence halls to check-in and get keys on the designated move-in day. It is recommended that family members park and stay with the car as students sign for their keys.
- Plan for the weather. Moving can be challenging, so dress appropriately. North Carolina can get very hot in August.
- Bring your SpartanCards to show staff members in your building from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., in order to check in and receive your keys. Residents checking in after 5 p.m. should follow instructions on how to contact duty staff, which will be placed on building entrances.
- It is recommended that family members park and stay with the car as students sign for their keys. Parking is limited and is at a premium. Please park in designated areas and move your materials quickly so you can move your car out of the flow of traffic, so another student can unload.
- The Chill Zone, August 14-16
When move-in has you feeling the heat, take a break at the Chill Zone, sponsored by the Office of New Student Transitions & First Year Experience, Undergraduate Admissions, Alumni Affairs, and the Dean of Students Office. Students and their families are invited to enjoy ice-cold water and frozen treats, grab a UNCG giveaway, and meet other Spartans at the Chill Zone.
Most of the residence halls have elevators. Those that do not are: Guilford, Mary Foust, North Spencer, Ragsdale/Mendenhall, South Spencer, and Weil-Winfield.
- Trash and Recycling
Once you arrive and have settled into your room a bit, you will need to get rid of some moving boxes and other unwanted materials. The Office of Waste Reduction and Recycling provides a specific area for cardboard, and other types of recyclables, and standard trash bins or dumpsters. Please check with members of the HRL staff if you need assistance finding these locations.
Water will be provided at designated move-in locations throughout the move-in process. As it tends to get a little warm this time of year in Greensboro, make sure you cool yourself down with ice-cold water. Locations will vary. Ask a move-in volunteer if you need help in finding some.