UNCG student Morgan Jewells studies for class in her room at Jefferson Suites residence hall. Morgan was a finalist in the best dressed room competition. (David Wilson/UNCG).

We are committed to providing accommodations that offer the best fit possible. If you have a unique need, please let us know, using the 2017-18 Request for Special Housing Accommodation Form, available during the housing application period.

Many countries and world cultures were on display at UNCG's 30th International Festival held on April 14, 2012. Malaysian flags blow in the wind as visitors line up to taste a sample of Malaysian food. (UNCG Photo/Chris English) UNCG has a diverse international community that includes students and faculty from all across the globe. The International House (I-House) is located in Tower Village and is the perfect situation for students from other countries to be with others in the same situation, while meeting American students who also live there. Half of the residence hall students are from the United States. The other half is filled with students from abroad. On Fridays throughout the semester, the iHouse hosts Friday Fest. Friday Fest is a program where international students explain the customs, traditions and practices of their home country. Friday Fest gives other students an opportunity to eat authentic food from the host nation and often to learn traditional dances.
Temporary rooms are converted community rooms in Phillips/Hawkins,, Moore/Strong, and Reynolds. Typically, four students are assigned together until a permanent room becomes available. The amount of time a student spends in a temporary room varies.

Following are photos of some typical common room layouts.

" order_by="sortorder" order_direction="ASC" returns="included" maximum_entity_count="500"]
INTERLINK Language Centers offer intensive English instruction, academic preparation, and cross-cultural orientation for students, scholars, and professionals on a year-round basis. The program prepares students for challenging careers, and provides the tools and skills needed to achieve success in the 21st century. Upon graduation, many students go on to study in academic programs at UNCG or other area universities. A member of the Interlink office contacts the housing office at the start of each Interlink session with the number of students requiring housing. These students are assigned to a temporary/community room in Phillips/Hawkins for one week. This gives the students a chance to decide if they would like to continue to live on campus or to move off campus. If the Interlink student decides to stay on campus, they are moved to a permanent assignment.
UNCG will consider reasonable housing accommodations for students with ADA needs. In order for a student with a special need to be approved to receive a modified housing assignment, he/she must request housing accommodations as follows:
  • Submit the 2017-18 Request for Special Housing Accommodation Form, available during the housing application period.
  • Submit current documentation of a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities (if applicable) with your requests.
  • Provide sufficient documentation from a qualified professional addressing your unique needs in housing accommodations to the Office of Accessibility Resources & Services.
  • NOTE: You are submitting documentation to OARS for your housing request only. Students requesting academic accommodations, should contact OARS to inquire about their registration process.
The deadline for requesting modified housing accommodations is the same as the deadline for guaranteed housing. Special housing needs are accommodated on a case-by-case basis, according to room availability, and must be requested annually. Students requesting special housing accommodations will be notified of the decision in writing.

" order_by="sortorder" order_direction="ASC" returns="included" maximum_entity_count="500"]
HRL is committed to working to meet the housing needs of all residential students by providing a nurturing community that values diversity and promotes the dignity of all community members.

If you have special housing needs based on gender identity or gender expression, please contact Guy Sanders (gmsander@uncg.edu or 336-334-5636) when applying for campus housing to discuss your specific needs.

Shown below is one of many private, gender neutral bathrooms available in the residence halls. (This one is located in Reynolds.)

" order_by="sortorder" order_direction="ASC" returns="included" maximum_entity_count="500"]

360-Degree Views