All available undergraduate, graduate and professional positions are listed on the HRL website employment page for your consideration on an ongoing basis throughout the year. We encourage you to check periodically to see if we have the position that is right for you.
What’s Available Now?
1) Summer Conference Assistant (SCA)
The Summer Conference Assistant (SCA) is an important part of the summer operations team within Housing and Residence Life (HRL). SCAs provide service and assistance to participants in summer camps and conferences as well as Spartan Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR). Under the direction of two graduate student interns, SCAs are responsible for the daily operation of the residence halls during the summer, with the exception of Summer School housing. SCAs are expected to provide exceptional customer service and create a positive experience for all summer guests. SCAs are involved in all phases of the conference and SOAR housing programs, including administration and facilities management.
- Complete an SCA Application beginning Feb. 25.
- See the SCA Work Agreement for more information.
Apply Now >
- SCA Application Opens – February 25
- SCA Application Closes – March 15, 11:59 p.m.
- Interview Period: March 25-April 8
- SCA Offer Letters Distributed – Week of April 15
- SCA Orientation – TBD
2) Desk Assistants for 2019-20
Greetings! Are you interested in serving as a Desk Assistant (DA) for Housing and Residence Life (HRL)? If so, we’d love to have you. DAs serve an important role on our HRL team. DAs are direct resources for residential students, campus constituents, and guests, connecting them to campus resources and the global community.
- Possess and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher during application and employment.
- Be in good conduct standing with the University at the time of hire. During the period of employment, DA’s must not be in violation of any University policies or procedures.
- Must possess a residential contract (on campus living agreement) with the UNCG HRL Office.
If you meet the requirements, we invite you to apply to begin your candidacy.
Apply Now > >
3) The 2019-20 Resident Advisor Application
The application deadline for RA positions for the 2019-2020 academic year has passed. If you have applied, you will receive an email no later than January 25 with further details. If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Cooordinator for Residence Life (ACRL)
Housing and Residence Life offers graduate assistantships in the role of an Assistant Cooordinator for Residence Life (ACRL). Offers are made in the month of February to new or current graduate students enrolled in the SAHEE masters degree program at UNCG. SAHEE graduate students have until April 15 to accept the offer. All positions are now filled for our two-year appointments (Fall 2019 to Spring 2021).
ACRLs report to and support the Coordinator for Residence Life.
Visit the CRL Website >
Looking for Undergraduate Employment?
Each year, HRL hires for various undergraduate positions on a fairly predictable timeline. In order to make students aware of ways in which they may wish to join the HRL team in the future, below is a list of undergraduate job descriptions. Students can find out how to get involved in leadership roles, gain valuable work experience and in some cases become a paid employee. General timelines for hiring for these positions are noted.