All available undergraduate, graduate and professional positions are listed on the HRL website employment page for your consideration on an ongoing basis throughout the year. We encourage you to check periodically to see if we have the position that is right for you.
What’s Available Now?
1) The 2019-20 Resident Advisor Application
Oct. 22, 2018 – Jan. 22, 2019
The RA Recruitment and Selection Committee is seeking strong candidates to join our Resident Advisor team for the 2019-2020 Academic Year. Applications will be reviewed as quickly as possible, however it is important for us to give your application the time and energy it deserves. Please see the important information below and direct any questions to email@example.com.
Thank you and best of luck in the process!
|October 22, 2018||8 a.m.||RA Application Goes Live|
|January 22, 2019||11:59 p.m.||Completed RA Applications Due|
|February 12, 2019||3-5 p.m.||RA Open House|
|February 15-17||RA Interview Weekend|
|February 18||Adverse Weather Plan only for RA Interviews|
The Application for 2019-2020 is currently open. We require a complete application to be eligible for the process. We recommend that you set aside 30 minutes to complete the application and do so in one sitting. The application will not be saved until it is completed and submitted. You will receive a notice from the form that your application was completed correctly.
APPLY FOR 2019-20 NOW > >
- 2.5 G.P.A. (Semester and Cumulative)
- Positive Attitude, Passion, & Persistence
- Not on active conduct standing (e.g., warning, probation, etc.) as of Fall 2019
- Full academic year commitment (no study abroad)
- Advocate for residents and your community.
- Support your residents throughout the semester by connecting with them at least 3 times.
- Maintain a sense of home for the community.
- Implement programming to provide growth/development outside the classroom.
- Enforce HRL rules and regulations to maintain safety of all residents.
- Assist in connecting residents to all the resources the UNCG campus has to offer.
- Visible in the halls: programs, addressing resident concerns, serving on duty rotation managing crises
- Extra-curricular commitments and/or outside employment is permitted but cannot exceed nine (9) hours per week.
- RA Training (Tentative Wed. 7/25 – Tues. 8/7)
- Additional responsibilities for during hall opening and closing at the beginning and end of the semester.
- Event Support:
- House Calls
- HRL Carnival
- Spartan Showcase
- Destination UNCG
- Continuing Development (Monthly)
- On Campus Connections
- Professional Growth & Development
- Leadership Development
- Public Speaking Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Event Management Skills
- And More!
- $680 per month for 10 months ($6,800 total)
- Discounted Housing Rate (pay $2,400 per semester regardless of locations)
- Discounted Dining - “RA Meal Plan” Optional ($947.66 with 45 meal swipes and 700 flex
Candidates will be notified via email on Jan. 25, 2019, (from firstname.lastname@example.org) if they will be invited to participate in an in interview. Candidates should hold the dates of February 15-17 for required interviews, if invited to participate.
If you have any questions regarding technical assistance with the video, please contact Career Services. For all other questions, please contact email@example.com. Thank you!
2) Desk Assistants
Greetings! Are you interested in serving as a Desk Assistant (DA) for Housing and Residence Life (HRL)? If so, we’d love to have you. DAs serve an important role on our HRL team. DAs are direct resources for residential students, campus constituents, and guests, connecting them to campus resources and the global community.
- Possess and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher during application and employment.
- Be in good conduct standing with the University at the time of hire. During the period of employment, DA’s must not be in violation of any University policies or procedures.
- Must possess a residential contract (on campus living agreement) with the UNCG HRL Office.
If you meet the requirements, we invite you to apply to begin your candidacy.
Apply Now > >
There are currently no positions available for graduate students, but please check back.
Looking for Undergraduate Employment?
Each year, HRL hires for various undergraduate positions on a fairly predictable timeline. In order to make students aware of ways in which they may wish to join the HRL team in the future, below is a list of undergraduate job descriptions. Students can find out how to get involved in leadership roles, gain valuable work experience and in some cases become a paid employee. General timelines for hiring for these positions are noted.