All available undergraduate, graduate and professional positions are listed on the HRL website employment page for your consideration on an ongoing basis throughout the year. We encourage you to check periodically to see if we have the position that is right for you.
What’s Available Now?
1) The 2022-23 Resident Advisor Application
Nov. 01, 2021 – Jan. 28, 2022
The RA Recruitment and Selection Committee is seeking strong candidates to join our Resident Advisor team for the 2022-2023 Academic Year. Applications will be reviewed as quickly as possible, however it is important for us to give your application the time and energy it deserves. Please see the important information below and direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and best of luck in the process!
|October 25, 2021- January 28, 2022||Various||New RA Info Sessions|
|November 01, 2021||9 a.m.||New RA Application Goes Live|
|December 6, 2021||9 a.m.||Returning RA Application Goes Live|
|January 6, 2022||11:59 p.m.||Completed Returning RA Applications Due|
|January 29, 2022||11:59 p.m.||Completed New RA Applications Due|
|February 25, 2022 (TENTATIVE)||3-5 p.m.||RA Open House|
|March 18-19, 2022||RA Group Process Weekend|
The RA Application for 2022-2023 is currently open. We require a complete application to be eligible for the process. We recommend that you set aside 30 minutes to complete the entire application process and do so in one sitting if possible. The application will not be saved until it is completed and submitted. You will receive a notice from the form that your application was completed correctly.
New RA APPLICATION PROCESS
Complete Applications (Application Form, Individual Video Interview, AND Video Interview Submission) are due by 11:59 p.m., January 28, 2022. Please make sure to complete all steps below:
Complete the NEW RA Application
- Go to uncg.biginterview.com
- Log-in with your UNCG username and password.
- If you have not already, you will be prompted to enter your demographics.
- Click on: Assignments.
- Enter Assignment Code (New RAs: 9ae83e)
- Click on: I’m Ready!
- Click on: Allow to let Big Interview use your Camera & Microphone
- Click on: Done & Practice without Eye Tracking
- Follow the prompts on the screen to answer the questions.
- Once you have completed your recording and submitted your video, it will be reviewed by HRL following the submission deadline.
- Under the assignments tab, click on “Submitted”
- Click on the arrow in the upper right corner
- Click on “Link”
- Copy link
- Paste link into Application Google Form
- Submit completed application
More Info Sessions to come Spring 2022. Check back SOON!
Candidates will be notified via email on March 4th, 2022, (from email@example.com) if they will be invited to participate in RA Group Process Weekend. Candidates should hold the dates of March 18 & 19, 2022 for RA Group Process Weekend, if invited to participate.
Returning RA Application
A Complete Returning RA Application Includes: RA Application Form AND Panel Interview. Your Application Form is due by 11:59PM on January 6, 2022. Within your Qualtrics application, you will provide your panel interview date & time availability. You will be notified of your confirmed panel interview within 2 – 3 business days. As a reminder the University is closed from December 24, 2021 – January 2, 2022.
Please make sure to complete all of the steps below:
Complete the RETURNING RA Application
- Resident Advisors (RA) are selected on the basis of their potential and ability to provide leadership and service to students living in the residence halls. Resident Advisor responsibilities are often non-scheduled, spontaneous, and determined by the needs and expectations of the students within a community. As a part of the Resident Advisor experience, our student staff members will develop skills to become global leaders, resilient persons, critical thinkers, and community builders.
- As a Returning RA, you are asked to serve all students on our campus and can be placed to work and live in any of our residential communities. With this in mind, create a 10-minute presentation on how you would build a community for residents in a suite style, apartment, and traditional community.
- Additional Information
- Your presentation should be at least 10-minutes in duration.
- Expect a 2 to 5 minute question and answer portion at the conclusion of your presentation.
- Expect to speak to a panel of CRLs and ACRLs.
- Your presentation will be given via Zoom, it will be recorded, and it will be added to your application for consideration.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- 2.5 G.P.A. (Semester and Cumulative)
- Positive Attitude, Passion, & Persistence
- Not on active conduct standing (e.g., warning, probation, etc.) as of Fall 2021
- Full academic year commitment (no study abroad)
- Advocate for residents and your community.
- Support your residents throughout the semester by connecting with them at least 2 times.
- Maintain a sense of home for the community.
- Implement programming to provide growth/development outside the classroom.
- Enforce HRL rules and regulations to maintain safety of all residents.
- Assist in connecting residents to all the resources the UNCG campus has to offer.
- Visible in the halls: programs, addressing resident concerns, serving in duty rotation managing crises
- Extra-curricular commitments and/or outside employment is permitted but cannot exceed nine (9) hours per week.
- RA Training 14 days prior to the official opening of the University)
- Additional responsibilities for during hall opening and closing at the beginning and end of the semester.
- Event Support:
- House Calls
- HRL Opening Programs
- Spartan Showcase
- Destination UNCG
- RAContinuing Development (Monthly)
- On Campus Connections
- Professional Growth & Development
- Leadership Development
- Public Speaking Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Event Management Skills
- And More!
- $700 per month for 10 months ($7,000 total)
- Discounted Housing Rate (pay $2,400 per semester regardless of locations)
- Discounted Dining - “RA Meal Plan” Optional ($947.66 with 45 meal swipes and 700 flex *The RA meal plan is subject to change over the summer*
If you have any questions regarding technical assistance with the video, please contact Career Services. For all other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Looking for Undergraduate Employment?
Each year, HRL hires for various undergraduate positions on a fairly predictable timeline. In order to make students aware of ways in which they may wish to join the HRL team in the future, below is a list of undergraduate job descriptions. Students can find out how to get involved in leadership roles, gain valuable work experience and in some cases become a paid employee. General timelines for hiring for these positions are noted.