All available undergraduate, graduate and professional positions are listed on the HRL website employment page for your consideration on an ongoing basis throughout the year. We encourage you to check periodically to see if we have the position that is right for you.
What’s Available Now?
1) RA Recruitment for 2020-21
Level Up & Become an RA! We are excited that you are interested in the Resident Advisor position. Please see the important information below and direct any questions to email@example.com.
Complete Applications (Application Form, Individual Video Interview, AND Video Interview Submission Form) are due by 11:59 p.m., January 24, 2020. Please make sure to complete all three steps below:
We require a complete application to be eligible for the process. We recommend that you set aside 15-20 minutes to complete the application in one sitting. At the very bottom of the application, you are able to save the application and complete it at your leisure. The website will give you a link to copy and then you will have 7 days to use the link to finish the application. If you do not save the application and you do not finish, you will have to start the application from the very beginning again.
2) Individual Video Interview
We require a video individual interview. The process is run through InterviewStream via Career Services at UNCG. Once you have completed the video, you will need to add the link into your application by submitting it via the form in the video interview submission section below. In order to access the video interview prompt, please:
- Go to InterviewStream.
- Log-in with your UNCG username and password.
- Click on: Conduct an Interview
- Click on: Created for Me (left-hand option)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select: “New RA Application 2020-2021”
- Follow the prompts on the screen to answer the questions.
- At the completion of the interview, you will be sent to the video view of your recorded interview. Below your video, you will see a ‘share’ button, please click the right-hand tab labeled ‘link’. Click ‘generate link’ and copy and paste that link into the application question requesting the link.
- If you closed out that video page, you may log-in your account with InterviewStream, click on ‘watch my video’ to get back to your video. Then you can follow the instructions above to find the link to share.
Any questions? Please utilize this USER GUIDE or contact Career Services directly.
You are able to schedule an appointment with Career Services to complete the video in their practice rooms that include a computer and video camera. It is recommended that you request an appointment at least one week prior to the application due date.
3) Individual Video Interview Submission Form
You are so close to leveling up! You have approached the final step to the application process. At this point you should have completed the application form and the individual video interview. Now it is time to submit the link to your completed interview. Copy the link sent to you by interview stream and be sure to accurately paste it into question 3. You may do so using THIS FORM.
Congratulations, you have fully completed the application process. The Chair of The RA Recruitment and Selection Committee will be running reports every 2 weeks and updating candidates on their application completion status. Please see information below about the remainder of our RA Recruitment and Selection Process.
We highly recommend that you attend at least one RA Interest Meeting. Please see below for dates, times and locations. (Note: If you would like to attend an interest meeting that is not located in your residence hall (or you are a commuter student), please contact the CRL of that community or attend one of our general population info sessions. CRL information found on the HRL webpage at: https://hrl.uncg.edu/about-us/staff-directory/residence-life/.
Campus Wide Info Sessions:
- Oct. 9th, 2019, EUC Maple, 7:00 pm
- Jan. 20, 2020, Location & Time TBD
- Phillips Hawkins: Oct. 16th, Main Lobby, 7:00 pm
- Moore Strong: Oct. 8th, The Pit, 7:00 pm
- Ragsdale Mendenhall: Nov. 7th, Conference Room, 7:00 pm
- Weil Winfield: Nov. 7th, Main Lobby, 7:00 pm
- Quad: Nov. 4th, Tillman Smart, 5:00 pm
- Reynolds: Oct. 21st, Classroom 110, 7:00 pm
- Grogan: Oct. 10th, 6:00 pm
- Cone: TBD
- North/South Spencer: Nov. 12th, Classroom 126, 7:00 pm
- Mary Foust/Guilford: Nov. 12th, Guilford Parlor 118, 4:30 pm
- Spring Garden Apartments: Oct. 24th, Lobby MPR, 7:00 pm
- Tower Village: Nov. 12th, Community Room, 7:00 pm
- Jefferson Suites: Nov. 13th, 7:00 pm
- Lexington McCormick: Oct. 22nd, Conference Room 109, 7:30 pm
- Spartan Village: Oct. 10th, Haywood Clubhouse, 7:30 pm
Group Process Interview Weekend – February 21-23, 2020
Interview weekend will be February 21st (afternoon-evening) and February 22nd (all day). February 23th will serve as an additional date in the case of inclement weather. All candidates are required to attend each day of the interview process. If you have an academic commitment that precludes your involvement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to the due date for this application.
RA Open House – March 13, 2020
Want a chance to get to know all of the CRLs and learn more about the communities on campus? This is your opportunity! During this event, candidates will have the opportunity to mingle with all of the 16 Coordinators For Residence Life to learn what they are looking for in a supervisor but it is also an opportunity to for CRLs to informally learn more about the candidates. This event is exclusive to only those who have completed the entire interview process. Time and Location are to be announced.
If you have any questions regarding technical assistance with the video, please contact Career Services. For all other questions, please contact Ashley Owens.
Thank you and Good Luck! Level Up and Apply Today!
2) Resident Relations Associate
The Resident Relations Associate is a front-line member of the Housing and Residence Life team. RRAs answer departmental questions from students, parents, staff and faculty. They handle key related issues such as lockouts and lock changes as well as assist with application and room change processes.
This position requires that the student employee be willing to work during the academic breaks (fall, winter, and spring) and summer when the HRL office remains open. Due to the training and learning curve associated with the position, applicants should have a graduation date of May 2021 or later. Applicants should qualify for work study positions. Preference will be given to students living on campus.
Apply Now >
- Follow the directions to complete the Handshake application as well as the informational questions.
- The application is open from Tues. Sept. 3 – Sun. Sept. 15.
3) Desk Assistants for 2019-20
Greetings! Are you interested in serving as a Desk Assistant (DA) for Housing and Residence Life (HRL)? If so, we’d love to have you. DAs serve an important role on our HRL team. DAs are direct resources for residential students, campus constituents, and guests, connecting them to campus resources and the global community.
- Possess and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher during application and employment.
- Be in good conduct standing with the University at the time of hire. During the period of employment, DA’s must not be in violation of any University policies or procedures.
- Must possess a residential contract (on campus living agreement) with the UNCG HRL Office.
If you meet the requirements, we invite you to apply to begin your candidacy.
Apply Now > >
Assistant Cooordinator for Residence Life (ACRL)
Housing and Residence Life offers graduate assistantships in the role of an Assistant Cooordinator for Residence Life (ACRL). Offers are made in the month of February to new or current graduate students enrolled in the SAHEE masters degree program at UNCG. SAHEE graduate students have until April 15 to accept the offer. All positions are now filled for our two-year appointments (Fall 2019 to Spring 2021).
How to Apply?
HRL participates in the GA interview weekend (SPARK) in the month of February. If we are unable to fill positions with graduate assistants from the SAHEE program, we will open up to other graduate students after April 15. Non-SAHEE candidates should email a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com with subject line: “ACRL Applicant,” no later than April 1.
ACRLs report to and support the Coordinator for Residence Life.
Visit the CRL Website >
Looking for Undergraduate Employment?
Each year, HRL hires for various undergraduate positions on a fairly predictable timeline. In order to make students aware of ways in which they may wish to join the HRL team in the future, below is a list of undergraduate job descriptions. Students can find out how to get involved in leadership roles, gain valuable work experience and in some cases become a paid employee. General timelines for hiring for these positions are noted.