Living together in Spartan Village: Lee Hall
CONNECT is designed to assist new transfer students in connecting with the UNCG community for a successful transition academically and socially.
What is CONNECT?
CONNECT focuses on the following themes throughout the academic year in collaboration with other university faculty and departments. CONNECT is the ideal community for students who are new to UNCG, but not to college.
FFL 250 (Foundations for Learning) Enhancing the Transfer and Adult Student Experience
- CONNECT is open to new transfer students with at least 24+ credits.
Opportunities & Benefits
- Regular and ongoing academic, social, career and leadership development opportunities to help gain skills to succeed at UNCG while also developing skills in preparation for life post-graduation
- Live with other transfer students—the community has an entire floor in Spartan Village, the newest apartment housing option at UNCG, where you will live and learn next to students with a common factor—all of you are new to UNCG
- Dedicated staff who are committed to your success.
- LLC specific events and field trips
- Enroll in the CONNECT section of FFL 250
- Attend and engage in weekly community learning sessions
- Complete the Bronze Leadership Challenge through FFL 250 and CONNECT learning sessions
- Participate in CONNECT programs and opportunities
- Meet regularly with a staff member to check in on your transition in to UNCG
- Engage in and contribute to an academic and social environment with the community
- Coordinator of Residence Life (CRL), a full-time professional staff member responsible for overall building management and student life of Spartan Village.
- Assistant Coordinator for Residence Life (ACRL), a graduate student assistant with primary responsibility for the CONNECT community.
- Resident Advisor (RA), undergraduate student employee and leader for each residence hall floor and community.
How to Apply
Need help using Artemis to apply for Connect? Please follow along with the video below: