Check out the student video about Impact!
Living together in Jefferson Suites
The IMPACT Living and Learning Community is designed as a hybrid of first year and second year students, ready to learn and develop their leadership skills. The community addresses what most businesses are looking for in college graduates, leadership development, critical thinking skills and the ability to work with others. IMPACT offers 46 coed, first and second year students a hands on introduction to leadership offering students many opportunities to be an IMPACTful leader.
Bronze Leadership Track
- Open to first year students
- Must apply and preference IMPACT as one of your special interest communities in your housing application
- Enroll and complete 3 credit hr. course during spring semester
Silver Leadership Track
- Open to Sophomore students who have completed the Bronze Leadership Challenge
- Must apply through invitation only
- Sign-up to be part of the Silver Leadership Challenge with the office of OLSL
IMPACT is a community designed for first and second year students at UNCG of any major interested in exploring leadership within their first two years living on campus at UNCG. Through programming and campus wide partnerships, IMPACT offers students a year of self-exploration, skill building, and powerful networking. Residence Life and the Leadership and Service Learning Office (OLSL) are partners in guiding students through UNCG’s Leadership Framework, a competency based Leadership model designed to prepare students for the demands of work, citizenship, and life in a complex and fast-changing world.
- Coordinator of Residence Life (CRL), a full-time professional staff member responsible for overall building management and student life of Jefferson Suites.
- Assistant Coordinator for Residence Life (ACRL), a graduate student assistant with primary responsibility for the IMPACT community.
- Resident Advisor (RA), undergraduate student employee and leader for each residence hall floor and community.
Eight Competencies of a UNCG Leader
- Complete the Bronze level of the Leadership Challenge Program and earn a certificate and medallion (to be worn at official graduation ceremony)
- Sophomore who have already completed the Bronze level, will enroll in the Silver level and be assigned a leadership coach.
- Community Leadership Retreat and field trips to Boone, NC and Washington D.C. and more
- Participate in student leadership conferences and events
- Take an academic course with other students living in your hall
- Receive support and guidance from faculty, staff, and peer leaders
- Career exploration through internship opportunities
- Focus on your personal growth
- Discover campus and community leadership opportunities
- Enroll in a Spring semester 3 credit hour course: Introduction to Community Leadership
- Attend Living-Learning community member events
- Actively participate in weekly community sessions and workshops
- Live in Jefferson Suites Residence Hall for one academic year
- Be in good standing academically
Jefferson Suites Sophomore Experience
- Freshmen are eligible to apply if their GPA is over a 2.0
- Freshmen must have completed Bronze Leadership Challenge or are currently Bronze Leadership Challenge
- Live in Jefferson Suites for the 2017-2018 academic school year
- Complete Silver Leadership Challenge or be enrolled in the Silver Leadership Challenge by Fall 2017