The Spencers Community is a traditional style community that includes both North Spencer and South Spencer Residence Halls. South Spencer is home to many Lloyd International Honors College students.
Location & Building Features
The Spencers Community is conveniently located next to the library and dining hall. In addition to a game room, collaboratorium, and computer lab, the Spencers Community also has two large parlors where students both relax and study.
Once touted as having the longest hallways in a residence hall in the United States, the building design facilitates community building and provides a true home away from home.
Just the Facts
TYPICAL CLASS YEAR
316 College Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27412
SPECIAL INTEREST COMMUNITY
Lloyd International Honors College
Features Inside South Spencer:
South Spencer Residence Hall has two floors and a basement is the closest residence hall to Jackson Library, located in the central part of campus. The offices of Lloyd International Honors College are located on the first floor. South Spencer has:
- Rooms available on the ground floor
- Community showers and restrooms
- A large parlor on the first floor for students to study or socialize
- A large full kitchen on the first floor and laundry rooms on the first and second floors
- Large gameroom with television in basement
- A computer lab (with free printing for South Spencer Residents) as well as a common area with a television on the ground floor.
- Please Note: South Spencer does not have an elevator.
|South Spencer Room and Furniture Dimensions|
|Room: please see .pdf|
|Window: 6'-9" x 5'-9" double wide|
|Closet: please see .pdf|
|Bed Frame: Twin Bed Frame 38”W x 84.5”L w/ 33” under Bed Frame storage. Beds can be bunked.|
|Mattress/Sheets: 36”W x 80”L - Twin beds require XL Twin sheets!(Regular full-sized sheets are too short.)|
|Desk: 44”W x 24”D x 30”H with desk carrel|
|Dresser: 33”W x 20”D x 48”H|
|Chair: 3 position chair|