Our camp and conference summer season runs from May 19 to July 23, 2017.
To start the process, camp/conference coordinators should submit a Housing Reservation Form (available January 15, 2017, on this page). The deadline to reserve summer housing for 2017 is March 1, 2017. We know that you may not have all of the details you need, but please fill it out to the best of your ability. We will contact you four weeks before your group arrives to get more detailed information on a final confirmation form. If numbers change dramatically, we need to know before four weeks out, or additional charges may apply.
Please Note: Housing and Residence Life recommends the following ratio of staff to campers: Ages 6-10: 6 to 1; Ages 11-15: 10 to 1; Ages 16-18: 12 to 1. All UNCG-Affiliated camps and conferences are required to follow university policies with regard to the protection of children on campus, which can be found on the chancellor’s web page at http://chancellor.uncg.edu/child_task_force/.
1) Complete a Reservation Beginning Jan. 15
The deadline for all reservations for 2017 is March 1, 2017. We know that you may not have all of the details you need, but please fill it out to the best of your ability.
Affiliated camps include any group or program sponsored by a University Department, that has an on-going relationship with that department.
- If you indicate that you represent an affiliated camp or conference on the reservation form, you must contact parking services at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange parking details.
- Your housing reservation form will automatically go to Parking Services, so fill out the reservation form first, then contact Parking Services.
- Any other services an affiliated group might need must be arranged by the camp or conference coordinator.
If you indicate that you are an unaffiliated camp or conference on the housing reservation form, you MUST ALSO sign a contract with UNCG Online.
- UNCG Online’s event coordinator will handle details in addition to housing, including meeting facilities, catering, dining, parking, field and classroom reservation and more.
- To start that process, please submit their Booking Request Form.
2) Email Confirmation
Once a reservation form is submitted, the conference coordinator will receive an email confirmation. Contained in the confirmation will be the “Reservation Fact Sheet” which outlines details related to Housing and Residence Life conference policies and procedures, including details such as the cancellation policy, key and card access and much more. Your reservation will be processed and a tentative building assignment will be communicated with you as soon as possible, assuming space allocation and other needs can be met.
3) Final Confirmation Information
Four weeks before a camp or conference arrives on campus, the conference coordinator will be sent a “Final Confirmation Information” form. The conference coordinator will then have two weeks to finalize and make any changes related to room/hall access, the number and gender breakdown of attendees, etc. Housing and Residence Life must receive final confirmation, signed contract and final roster of participants two weeks in advance of the camp or conference arrival.
4) Check Out and Billing
The conference is then initiated as agreed upon in the final confirmation. After final check-out, the conference coordinator will receive an interdepartmental invoice or a bill which will include any additional charges for lost keys, damages, etc. We cannot collect from individuals. We will send an invoice to the camp or conference coordinator and it will be his or her responsibility to recoup payment from individual participants.