We recognize that it can be difficult for UNCG students to meet others who might like to share a room. The UNCG HRL “Find a Roommate” Facebook Group can help. Before you can join, you just have to fill out a short form before you click “Join Group” in Facebook.
Do this first.
- Complete your housing application in Artemis.
- Make the pre-payment, if applicable.
- Then, make sure that you’re logged into your iSpartan email, open a new window in the same browser and log back into Artemis.
- You will see a button at the bottom of the landing page that looks like this:
- Click that button and complete the Facebook request form in Artemis.
Remember, please don’t share any personal contact information in posts to the whole group. Use direct message if you want to exchange phone numbers or other contact information with individual members once you get to know each other better.
Ideas to Get you Started
From the interactions in the previous roommate group, we have learned that many students are interested in hearing about the following:
- Your hobbies and interests (What types of music do you like? What sports do you play? What movies and shows do you like? Do you play video games often, and which ones? Do you like working out at the gym?)
- Your personal habits (Are you a night owl or an early bird? Do you like noise or quiet at night? TV on or off at night? How often do you clean? How do you feel about overnight guests? How do you feel about sharing? Do you like lights on at night?)
- Would you describe yourself as an introvert or extrovert?
- What is your major and what are your study habits like?
- Do you have a job?
- What do you like to do on the weekends?
The purpose of this group is to provide UNCG students with a private forum where students can share and connect with other students who will be attending UNCG. This group provides a place for positive interaction for students to meet new people and possibly find a roommate for campus housing.
*Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this group are those of the group members and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) or the Office of Housing and Residence Life (HRL). UNCG and HRL have not approved, endorsed, embraced, friended, liked, tweeted or authorized any posts in this group.